New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba yung tinatawag nilang offset. nagpalit ako ng wheels tapos sumasayad na sa wheel well... sabi baka mali daw yung offset.. adjust ko raw. eh ano ba yon? di ko alam kung ano ibig sabihin... hmm... :?:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The offset of a wheel is the distance from your hub mount point (the point which the wheel attaches to the car) to the exact centerline of your wheel (when viewing the cross section of the wheel).

Offset cannot be adjusted, as this is intrinsic to the wheel itself. You either need to get different wheels with the correct offset for your car, or you will need to roll your fenders to accomodate your (I assume wider) wheels.

Beware that if the offset of the wheel is not correct for your car, the handling can be adversely affected.

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's a good read:

http://integra.vtec.net/wheels/wheeltxt.htm

HTH 8)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    e46boi... i actually have an ESi. i changed my stock wheels to 195/55/15. is this not the right wheels for my car?

supierreman... thanks for the link. 8)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok lang yung 195/55-15 . What brand of rims did you get? usually local 15 roms naman tama lang yung offset for the ESi civics. ( i think 40 or 38 offset ng mga rota 15's)

As for the tire size you mentioned... that is the correct plus size diameter for the civic.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    superbok,

yung offset is based on your rims/mags. Esi kotse mo, you should get a rim with an offset of 40, 42 or higher. the higher the offset is, mas pasok ang mags at gulong mo sa loob ng fender. okay yung gulong mo... mags lang problema jan. wag mo titiklupin yung fender mo, kakalawangin yan... sayang.

HTH!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anything outside 4mm out of the OE off-set of your car will f**k up handling and will give the wheel bearings a shorter service life.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Supierreman is correct, the tire size of 195/55/15 sounds fine for a 15x6.5 or a 15x7 wheel.

You should be safe with a 38 or a 40 offset, majority of the 15" wheels out there have this offset.

Anything higher than 40 on a 15" wheel, you risk having your wheel being "too wide"; you might potentially rub againt the fender for having "too wide" wheels.

Quick note: Rolling your fender is safe, provided you do it with the correct tools. But it would be better to just get wheels with the correct offset to fix your problem.

Good luck!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sori tlga ha... I don't understand your jargons. Kakahiya!:lol: But what do you mean 38, 40, 42? What is this a measure of.. how is it done?

BTW, I think I didn't say na lowered ako. Sori. Lowered yung car ko by 1.75.

e46 / supierreman... Thanks for the help ha. I hope to hear that I still have the correct tire size.:wink:

goose... I don't think I'd like to roll up my fender. Mahirap na kung sa body yung gagalawin? I'd rather change my tires, or maybe bring back my car to its original height.:wink:

rs... Thanks for the info!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sori tlga ha... I don't understand your jargons. Kakahiya!:lol: But what do you mean 38, 40, 42? What is this a measure of.. how is it done?

BTW, I think I didn't say na lowered ako. Sori. Lowered yung car ko by 1.75.

e46 / supierreman... Thanks for the help ha. I hope to hear that I still have the correct tire size.:wink:

goose... I don't think I'd like to roll up my fender. Mahirap na kung sa body yung gagalawin? I'd rather change my tires, or maybe bring back my car to its original height.:wink:

rs... Thanks for the info!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
ano ba yung offset? di ko talaga alam...