New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hello people.. Mahirap i-explain ang problem na ito but I'll give my best description...

While driving, regardless kung sa city or highway at speeds of 40kmph or higher, meron akong nadidinig na sound, it seems to be coming from the driver side. I'm not really sure kung sa makina yun pero parang mechanical ang nature niya. If I may put it into analogy, imagine nyo paandarin ang electric fan na merong isang strip of paper na sumasabit sa blade. Ganun na ganun ang tunog though ang speed ng fan hindi talagang full speed. Kumbaga yung fan speed nasa 1/2 lang ng speed 1 or even 1/4.

It's very annoying talaga kasi habang bumibilis ang takbo ng kotse, proportionate din ang bilis ng sound na yun na parang may sumasabit. Could it be sa alignment or camber? Pero sa interior ng kotse ko naririnig

I was thinking baka sa speedometer yun.. 'di ba meron syang rotating mechanism? I don't really know what is causing the sound or really the source of the problem.

Sometimes magpapatugtog na lang ako para ma-mask yung irritating sound but in the end somehow I have to get it fixed whatever that is.

Walang leak ang kotse and all fluid levels are appropriate. That sound has been there for almost 3 years, hindi ko lang napaaayos kasi natitiis ko until now, I'm getting irritated with it..

I hope I've made a good description here at sana naintindihan ng readers. It's really not to give you guys a headache but to anyone who could give their feedback/opinion/solution to this problem, it'd be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nagawa na ba ito - lift the front side and rotate the tires by hand? may sound pa ba when turning? na check naba cv joints and brake disc/housing?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another thing- try running the engine in gear to rotate the tires, of course naka lift yun whole front part, this would give you a better position to locate where the sound is coming from.. if the sound disappear it could just a stone/rock stuck between you tire grooves. happy hunting

Annoying sound at 40kmph and higher (96 Lancer Glxi M/T)