New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    recently i had my TFR's fuel injector calibrated, also changed nozzle tips...smoke was gone (except in the morning when i first start it up) and i still get pretty decent power out of it, but 1 thing that is really freaking me out is that it's a lot noisier than before (given the fact that it is noisy ever since! isuzu 4jb1t)...now i have to enjoy music from my stereo at higher volume. idling is smooth...its just that the engine sound was amplified...

what could be the culprit? any input would be appreciated!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Beetols,
    I thought you already brought your ride to Hanson's place? Ano diagnosis nila? Please post the history of repairs done...parts replaced, etc para mas maintindihan ng mga tsikot mechanics. Also post the diagnosis of the repair shops you consulted.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ok, first i had my mechanic bring the pump to a nearby calibration shop and then picked it up the next day. when i got home from work that day, i tested it and i knew right away that there was something wrong from the sound of it...i test drove it and yes, i was right. rough idling, extremely loud engine noise, no pull, a lot of white smoke. sabi ng shop ok pa daw ang nozzle tips ko, linis lang kailangan at wala ren silang makuhang pyesa kase, so sige pumayag na muna ako pero gusto ko na talaga palitan kse i had it reconditioned before so it really is due for replacement. Since we had to leave for the states the next day...the car was left idle for about a month, just sitting in the garage.

When I got back, i finally decided to have it checked again, this time at Denso, with its good reputation. i explained what had happened. first visit i had the nozzles changed and there was a big improvement but still idling was rough and the idling will not go down to normal when a/c is on so i decided to have my pump checked again...to my surprise, they gave me a call and told me that most of the parts werent changed/ or baka daw luma den ang kinabit! Since i trusted them, plus hanson's accomodation, i let them replace whatever needs replacement(at binantayan ko naren to be sure)....whew! and now here i am...smoke was gone except when idle, decent pull but the sound is still not as it was before...mejo maingay sha pero hindi basag. parang amplified version lang nung dati...=) hehehe...im starting to think that ganon nalang cguro pag na calibrate na?

as for the parts....they gave me a list that i can't remember...maybe ill post it when i get home...thanks!

Ang ingay!