The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    got same problem with my 04E AT, repack ko both left n right CV Joint
    isang byahe lng sa laguna masmlakas p sa dati ang tok! tok! ngayon

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grabe naman yan, ang aga naman bumigay yang mga CVJ nyo.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    mabilis masira kung may punit yung boot...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Simula na ng gastos!

Oh well, Im expecting to spend for the repair of the suspension parts of my Altis since I bought it 2nd hand.

Last time I had it checked, may problem na daw ang velocity joint (same as CV joint?). Sabi nung mechanic I can wait for it to get a little worse namane daw since I hear the "toktok" sound during turning at slightly high speeds.

Nagtanong ako sa Toyota last night how much yung velocity joint, they quoted me a whopping 30k! May iba pa ba akong options?

Thanks.
    I had my CV joint replaced at Speedyfix... it wasn't 30k painful, far from it... I just cannot remember the exact price of the whole repair (CV joint plus boots).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    hehe! don't think we've ever charged 30k for cv joints

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    the 30k quoted by toyota is for the CV axle assembly which includes the inner,outer CV joints ,and axle shafting.Usually the outer CV joints are replaced when a continous knocking sound is heard when turning .This is what happened to my 2003 1.6G Altis. The bearings were damaged .The mechanic said the reason for the damage was the teared of rubber boots which caused the dirt to go inside the bearings and the grease spilled out.The outer CV was replaced with FEDERAL MOGUL brand cost about 1800.Option was the Japan HDK brand but more expensive around 2400. Had mine done at ZEE CARPLUS along aurora boulevard ,San Juan. Big savings.....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    eurofreak tama price mo just got mine repaired, f mogul around 1.8T and 400 n labor, msyado maaga ang gastos for a 04E...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Altis Velocity Joint