New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    It's a black altis 1.6G. Suspension seems to be OK, did not bounce on humps.
    Try pushing downward on the front and rear bodywork to test the shocks. They should bounce upward only once. Any further bouncing means the shocks need replacement.

My mom's 2002 Altis has run about 50,000km and it needed one shock absorber replacement and a new power steering vane pump. Both were leaking fluid already. The dampers you can easily check for leaks, but the P/S vane pump is pretty inaccessible (it's wedged into the left side of the engine bay).

You might want the casa to have a look. If your P/S vane pump is shot, the wheel will feel a little heavier on turn-in than normal.

And yes, the Altis autobox is pretty sluggish...best to drive unhurriedly

HTHs...sorry medyo off-topic.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Jan 15 nag full tank ako to the brim. Yesterday Jan 26 nag full tank ako ulit, pero almost to the brim. Nakatakbo ng 539 Km mixed city and hi-way, nag bihaye pa to antipolo via ortigas ext. I have computed the FC to 13.5 Km per liter. Sa Antipolo ako nag gas (39.86 liters), so di na compensate ang hirap para sa makina sa pagpanik versus sa natipid sa pagbaba.

for me this is very good for a 1.6 liter engine and an Automatic. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meledson, Avoid filling up to the brim as you will only be wasting fuel due to spillage. Your FC computation might also not be accurate if this is done.

Try this:
    1. Gas up in the morning or in the evening
    2. Just let it click/stop on automatic (full tank)
    3. Reset your trip meter to 0
    4. You may re-fuel when you reach 1/4 or when the low fuel light appears
    5. Gas up at the same gas station, same slot in the station and same time
    6. Compute for FC (Divide the total kms run by the number of liters put in)

HTH bro. Enjoy your altis!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    A/T 2001 nabili, 2002 model 1.6E. nakuha namin about 2 weeks ako (2nd hand). Nasa almost 78,000 na ang current milage.

OK lang ba na ordinary unleaded (93 octane) ang gamit or dapat talaga na 95 octane?
    My Altis' FC is better by 1 - 1.5km/l using higher octane gasoline (Blaze in my case).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Meledson, Avoid filling up to the brim as you will only be wasting fuel due to spillage. Your FC computation might also not be accurate if this is done.

Try this:
    1. Gas up in the morning or in the evening
    2. Just let it click/stop on automatic (full tank)
    3. Reset your trip meter to 0
    4. You may re-fuel when you reach 1/4 or when the low fuel light appears
    5. Gas up at the same gas station, same slot in the station and same time
    6. Compute for FC (Divide the total kms run by the number of liters put in)

HTH bro. Enjoy your altis!

I always gas up when near empty. Nagkataon na sa Antipolo ako kumarga. Kadalasan sa Caltex sa kanto ng pioneer and shaw blvd. 42.7 kasi ang silver.

I know about the procedure to compute the FC. I have been doing it with my Avanza. naka MS Excel pa ang data. Sa Altis, dahil we just got it, 2x pa lang nagpa gas (laging full tank).

We are enjoing the altis, now na maganda ang nakukuha pa namin na FC, and most od the time its my wide that drives it. Di ko pa siya masyadong naturuan para matipis sa gas.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    djerms no problem just text me before you go

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Speedy: Will do thanks.

Meledson: If your procedure is correct, then matipid na yan sa 13.5km/liter. Oks na yan. Hehe.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I always gas up when near empty.
    Ingat lang dyan bossing. When you habitually run your tank dry, there's a big chance your fuel filter's picking up the dirt and impurities of the fuel more often compared to if you gassed up with at least 1/4 or 1/8 of the tank left. Baka mas mapadalas ang pagpalit mo ng fuel filter.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Ingat lang dyan bossing. When you habitually run your tank dry, there's a big chance your fuel filter's picking up the dirt and impurities of the fuel more often compared to if you gassed up with at least 1/4 or 1/8 of the tank left. Baka mas mapadalas ang pagpalit mo ng fuel filter.
    Di pa naman naka ilaw ang low fuel warning light pag nag gas up ako. Almost 40 liters ang kinarga ko pero ang fuel tank capacity ay 55 liters. Dami pang tira ng kumarga ako. Any way, di ba dapat naman regular ang pag palit ng fuel filter para di madamage ang mga injectors? Di ba mas mura naman ang fuel filter than the injectors? labor pa.

Gulat ko nga ng na compute ko, dinaig pa ang 1.3 na Avanza ko. . Hinahataw ko kasi kung minsan (o kadalasan?). :D

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Whokie, I'm just sayin'

Hassle din kasi mapadalas ang palit mo ng fuel filter.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Altis FC