New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    just curious... is your front and rear brakes the same?
    Well, its my mechanic who knows about that. But my car's brakes is stock, and he replaces the parts with original Mitsubishi parts always (at least he claims). Sa stock lancer, I think all wheels have the same brakes yata.

Our mechanic is in-house, he lives with us and receives a monthly salary, so I dont see any reason why he'll cheat on us.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    It's a good guess that your Lancer has front disc brakes and drum brakes at the rear. If that's the case, they're not interchangeable.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    It's a good guess that your Lancer has front disc brakes and drum brakes at the rear. If that's the case, they're not interchangeable.
    Oo nga no... I never thought of that. I kinda always thought that the stock mits cars of the 90's had all wheel disc brakes... but now that you've mentioned it...pwede ngang drumyung likod.

Kung ganun, does Bendix have Drum shoes too?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Oo nga no... I never thought of that. I kinda always thought that the stock mits cars of the 90's had all wheel disc brakes... but now that you've mentioned it...pwede ngang drumyung likod.
    even all disc brake cars have different size brake pads for front and rear. Normally they are NOT interchangable.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    same here... haven't seen same sized brakes front and rear in any of the cars we've ever done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Aftermarket ABS