New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Why is it that the casa/dealer is asking for us to sign a waiver after repairing a flooded vehicle?

The casa called me and said that I can now get the vehicle. It is now running. However there is a part (throttle something) that they still need to replace. I can now get the car but have to sign a waiver in case anything happens. I said no and will wait for it to be replaced.

My wife's cousin's civic is also in the same casa. The SA also told her cousin that the car is now running. However there can be some knocking sounds they can hear occassionally. They can now take their car but will need to sign a waiver.

Why are they offering the cars said to be in running condition but need a waiver for release?

Has anyone had this experience? If not, would you sign a waiver? Looks scary to me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Because flooded cars will have more flood related problems as the days and months pass. What might happen is the car owner will claim the future repairs as "back-jobs". The waiver gives them a way-out on future flood-related-problem repairs.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hammerhead2 anong casa yan and where?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What does the waiver stipulate? That they wont be held liable for any accidents caused by the part that is yet to be replaced? Waiver to no guarantee/warrantee on repaired parts?

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Pure BS.... It simply says they don't know what they are doing...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
    hammerhead2 anong casa yan and where?

honda dasma.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    What does the waiver stipulate? That they wont be held liable for any accidents caused by the part that is yet to be replaced? Waiver to no guarantee/warrantee on repaired parts?
    accident liability. got scared so i did not take my car.

After Dealer Repair of Flooded Vehicle: should you sign a waiver?