New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    yup, yung thread title is my question... Advisable nga ba bumili ng 2nd hadn cars as of the moment? minsan kasi nakakatakot isipin malay mo nalubog pala sa baha yung mabibili mo hindi lang sinasabi nung may ari para lang maibenta... what do you think guys??

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by X-isle View Post
    yup, yung thread title is my question... Advisable nga ba bumili ng 2nd hadn cars as of the moment? minsan kasi nakakatakot isipin malay mo nalubog pala sa baha yung mabibili mo hindi lang sinasabi nung may ari para lang maibenta... what do you think guys??
    no it's not advisable

wait atleast 6-12mos or get a brand new

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    It was advisable three to four days after Sept 26, since all affected vehicles that were flooded in are still in the process of restoration so chances of getting a flooded is very minimal.

Now. Definitely not. In fact its not safe to buy second hand cars at all for the next ten years or more. Buy only if you personally know the vehicle's history.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    kahit brand new di ka rin sigurado, kasi mga casa naka lubog din. 50% discount pwede siguro baka dami bumili.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    kilatisin lang bago bumili, may tell tale sign naman pag nalubog sa baha ang bibilhin mo sasakyan. pag may pagdududa eh just walk away...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I think it is safe. Just be sure that the owner can prove to you that the car wasn't flooded. Any strand of doubt, don't pursue....

8800:juggle:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    well, kahit patagalin natin iikot at iikot lang rin at tuloy tuloy ang selling ng pre-owned kaya tsambahan talaga.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    most will not admit din to get better price.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    kilatisin lang bago bumili, may tell tale sign naman pag nalubog sa baha ang bibilhin mo sasakyan. pag may pagdududa eh just walk away...
    anu-ano ba ang mga signs na yan? let's say na fully restored na ang nalubog na sasakyan, paano malalaman ng would be buyers? pls list it down.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think it would be hard to tell since as the car has been fully restored, there wont be physical signs it was submerged during the floods. Problems (i.e. engine, body, etc) may appear a few months after the new owner has bought it. Since wala na itong warranty, the burden will be on the new owner to get it fixed. There is some degree of comfort buying brand new since its covered by a warranty.

I think the safest way is to buy from a reputable owner or shop who would honestly inform the buyer of the car's history. Buying 2nd hand vehicles is sort of a gamble and knowing its condition before purchasing it minimizes the risk. For me, I used to previously look for any maintenance records of a used car for evaluation, but now, finding out whether it was flood submerged or not is the foremost thing I think I'll do.

Advisable ba Bumili ng 2nd hand cars as of the moment?