New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Can anyone recommend an adhesive to use for the interior windshield? I have an antennae that is placed on the center of the windshield (right on top of the rear view mirror) that does not seem to want to stay. Laging nalalaglag and it's annoying since it sways/dangles while I'm driving.

When I got it from the casa, nakadikit cya but after a few days nalaglag cya. And I can't seem to put it back with various adhesive. Gave it back to the casa pero ganun padin, nalalaglag after a few days. So can someone tell me what kind I should use and where to buy?

Here are what I have tried
    1. Masking tape
    2. Scotch tape
    3. Duck tape
    4. Double Sided Mounting tape (Selleys stik-up heat resistant upto 125c)
    5. Super Strength Moldng Tape (3M, Auto|Advanced, Stage 2)

Additional Info that might help.
    1. 2013 Civic
    2. Home carpark is open air. Bilad sa araw ung kotse
    3. Work carpark may bubong. I tried taking advantage of this pero ganun padin come the weekend.
    4. May naidikit na setter (or something as base for the adhesive on the antennae) sa windshield ung casa na hindi padin nalalaglag.
    5. I tried mounting the adhesive to the base and above it directly on the windshield same thing laglag padin.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Try 3M VHB industrial tape. This is the same kind of tape used to attach door visors.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Try rear view mirror adhesive if available

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ... and clean the spot where you will mount it first. use ethyl alcohol and cotton wads.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Where can I buy these? And yes I did clean them before applying. Used Alcohol and tissue though.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Alternative:

If you can't find the rear view mirror adhesive, try the "diamond" brand glass adhesive used by glazing contractors to make showcases and aquariums. This will take longer to cure though

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    You can buy 3M VHB tape at hardware stores like Ace Hardware.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    What is the antenna for and what does it look like?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *oj88: It's a bar type antennae. Half the size of the rearview mirror and is made of plastic I think.

Anyway I bought a pack of those 3m Permanent Mounting strips (ung 4pcs for 270. Sales lady says it's the strongest out of all they have.). Used 2 of them last tuesday and so far it stayed up there. Will wait till friday (maximum bonding in 3 days). if it stays there then I think I have it fixed.

VHB pala is a product lineup. No wonder I never found them. I went for the ones that says strong bonding or heat resistant. Thought those were the strongest ones...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Just an update, Ok na siya. The VHB tape sticked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Adhesive to use for interior windshield