New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hello tsikoteers!!!

Tanong ko lang po kung san po pwede makabili ng ABS kit? Lumambot po kasi yun brake pedal ko bigla while driving na yun tipong sagad dapat yun tapak para makabrake pero andun pa din yun braking power. Ito diagnosis ng Hyundai repair sa amin sa Pasig pero sabi nila wala daw piyesa available locally. SAbi nila another alternative is to convert it to a non-ABS system which I am not sure how much. Gusto ko sana pacheck sa ibang mechanic na magaling para makakuha ng second opinion and kung ABS ba talaga yun sira.

If ever ABS nga, meron bang mga brands na marerecommend na maganda at matibay for a Hyundai Sonata GLS 2000? Magkano aabutin if ever?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Might be the brake master cylinder, not the ABS system.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sir vinsanity, maraming components ang abs system, at hindi ito nasisira ng sabay sabay..

tanong mo sa shop kung anong pyesa ba talaga ang nasira..kung sinasabi nila sa iyong palitan yung abs system, maghanap ka na ng ibang shop...

baka brake master lang yan like what sir alpha_one said, check mo rin yung brake pads or kung may leak yung brakes

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    baka sa hydrovac?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pinull out ko na nga yun sasakyan kanina. I will bring it to another shop to check, siguro sa Rapide or sa mga malalapit na auto shops sa amin. Sa Pasig kasi ako, marami auto shop na malapit sa Ultra

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Magsisisi ka lang sa Rapide. Bakit mo naman naisip dalhin dun? Sasabihin lang nila palitan 'lahat'.

The ABS of a typical braking system looks like a box with lots of hoses/hardlines sprouting from it. This is the part that controls brake pressure to each wheel to prevent lock up. AFAIK, that is the most expensive part.

Other parts that can cause a spongy pedal would be the brake master cylinder which all cars have (ABS or non-ABS).

There are other ABS components like wheel sensors, ECU, wiring, etc. that play no part in determining pedal feel.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hindi ko pa naman dinala sa Rapide pero thanks po sa heads up..San ba makakahanap ng magaling na mekaniko?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ask Hyundai how they determined that ABS is defective. Did they use their computer? Was the ABS warning light on your dashboard lit up?

Had same problem with my former Cefiro. It took Nissan 2 weeks befoe they determined what was really wrong with the car. They had to resort to trying test parts, as in replace brake master still the same return original part, replace brake booster, still the same, return, try to replace this then that...... At least I was not charged for it.

BTW, have you tried bleeding your brakes? If yes and its still the same, ask Hyundai if they can bleed the ABS module.

Another thing you can try is to pull the fuse for the ABS. Theoretically, it should disable your ABS and you will have conventional brakes. Might work or might not. Did not work for my car though.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hyundai said that they can't analyze the car since they lacked the tools since it was model that was not released here and their last resort was to convert the car to a non-ABS one but I insisted since I wanted to get a second opinion somewhere.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's a pretty lame excuse. AFAIK, iisa lang naman ang supplier ng ABS systems ng Hyundai. Delphi nga ba?
    Last edited by OTEP; March 1st, 2007 at 09:09 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
ABS Replacement