New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Guys pa help naman

I can hear some kinda rattling sound after i release the gas pedal at speeds greater than 80 kph . Kapag mabagal naman walang ganun.

If i press again the gas pedal accelerator the sound goes away and it come back after i release it then after a while mawawala ung abnormal sound.

My ride is a gasoline innova automatic (more than 12 years old)

Maraming salamat

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Icis View Post
    Guys pa help naman

I can hear some kinda rattling sound after i release the gas pedal at speeds greater than 80 kph . Kapag mabagal naman walang ganun.

If i press again the gas pedal accelerator the sound goes away and it come back after i release it then after a while mawawala ung abnormal sound.

Maraming salamat
    Try pressing the gas pedal full while on neutral then release to check if you can hear the rattling noise, it could be the spring or cable.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    where do you hear the sound? on the floor? on the dash? did you passby a construction site?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Could be the propeller shaft or the joints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Post an audio recording of the noise and as best you can, determine where it is orignating from.

Just spit-balling, on my previous Civic, when you hear some rattling sound when the gas pedal was released, this usually means that the belt auto-tensioner has worn down. These auto-belt tensioners have a damper (similar to a shock absorber) that is designed to stop the belt from flapping around. It wears out over time and when it does, it becomes more like an un-damped spring, causing the belt to briefly oscillate when the accelerator pedal is released.

This is just one possible source of the noise. Yours may differ.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka tumatama lang yun exhaust or manifold cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Icis View Post
    Guys pa help naman

Maraming salamat
    as the guys above already said,
    propeller shaft or exhaust system.
    kung gagananciahin ka, ay higpit turnilyo lang or kaunting welding lang yan.

nguni at kung mamalasin,
    ...i don't want to think about it.
    heh heh.

good luck.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    May nag help na ba?

Humingi ka ng tulong, baka may sasagot