New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga peeps! inputs naman. nung una sa start ko pa yung engine..kaso parang na cho-choke yung engine..tapos pag ni rerebolusyon ko..parang pupugak pugak na yung tunog..then in-off ko yung engine..then start ko ayaw na..nag reredundo naman it means...walang problema sa starter..ano kaya cause nito? tnks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kahit starter wala? Or sinusubukan pa din pumihit?

Hindi ba barado ang fuel fiter mo?

Anong ride iyan ser?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron sa starter eh..pumipihit pa rin..yun rin nga duda ko eh..baka fuel filter...yung ride daewoo Eti.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka barado ang fuel filter mo o kaya walang kuryente na nakakarating sa plugs.

Bunutin mo ang isang plug wire mula sa spark plug, ilapit mo sa engine block and have somebody crank the engine. Check niyo kung may spark na lulundag.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sounds like something wrong with the fuel delivery

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Like what Otep posted, hugutin yung isang high tension wire, pasakan ng screwdriver idikit ng koti sa metal, then start uli ng bahagya to check kung may kuryente. pag wala malamang bumigay yung ignition coil. HTH

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    it could be one of the FF:
    One of your sparkplug is dead,
    One of your hi-tension wire is damaged (by rats?)
    You have droplets of water in your Fuel
    Or WORST SCENARIO;
    You have overheated your Engine and the Pistons & Liner got damaged heavily... Better get a certified mechanic and have it check. Or check the splugs, hitension wire, fuel(chk the fuel filter if it has small white bubbles then there's a POSSIBILITY of water...) Good Luck!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would agree on the above observations....generally what you're experiencing is an engine na wala sa tamang tune-up.

If your car was not like that, say a day before or something like that, then you'll have to diagnose everything.

Kung na stock-up naman for some time; you'll have to do a different check-up.

On any of the 2 situations, I suggest you go for a home-service mechanic if you're not into DIY.

If you want it to do DIY, here is what I would suggest:

1) Check the fuel filter - does it have water in the fuel (water and fuel separates so you could see)- replace if meron? Does it have fuel in it (o natuyuan)? If it has fuel, malinis ba o mukhang may sediment (replace if meron)? If meron naman at normal go to step 2.

2) Is your car carburated? If yes, check if meron fuel dun sa fuel reservoir (sana meron watch-glass)...else kung walang watch-glass to see if meron gas....try having someone step on the gas pedal and see if nag-squirt ng gas sa mga jets nito (you need to remove the carb cover and air filter, a flashlight might be needed). Kung nag-squirt naman...procede to step 3.

3) It is most likely na electrical problem kung may gas na nasquirt.....you need to check on the spark plugs. Remove and clean them please. I usually use a steel or copper brush. Never change the plug gap....clean it to metal and no black spots or marks.

When you replace the plugs, make sure that the plugs wires are correct and the contacts clips grips the spark plug probe fit and a bit tight.

4) Try to re-start. It should do better na.

If this did not answer your problem, you have to explain what were your observations in the above diagnosis....so we can further asses.

BTW, kung EFI yan, I think you have to go to a professional who do EFI...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga sirs!!! tnks for the help..you'll here for me soon pag naayos na! thanks again!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've followed what OTEP & sequoia said..check kung may kuryente ok naman meron. & did some of wildthing's tips...so far ang faulty pala eh yung mga spark plugs..coz after i check everything bumili na ko ng mga kelangan. from spark plugs & fuel filter. cguro kelangan na rin palitan yung fuel filter saka pa tune-up ko na rin cguro para less-hassle in the future..thanks pala for all your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
aaaahh! it won't start.