New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ano ba ung usual problems nung ganitong modelong corolla? i may be able to get my hands on one kasi from a relative. medyo lightly driven lang sya, and they offered a good price -- i'm just concerned about maintenance issues, since the GLi is power-everything

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    badkuk, if the car is well maintained you'll have no problem driving it around. Mura lang yung parts not to mention napakaraming surplus parts na mabibili and kahit saang talyer mo dalhin eh kayang kaya ayusin.

I own one and the only problem i've had is the radiator fan motor na twice na akong nagpalit .. japan surplus parts lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magandang modelo yan, wala naman akong problema, except yug mga minor lang, like yung power window(nagpalit na ako ng mekanismo) at mura talaga ang mga piyesa. Ang sarap humatak niyan saka matipid pa sa gas, basta well maintained, go for it.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    mine is a 93 gli. OK naman, nagkaproblema lang sa idling at aircon. Aircon needed to be cleaned, recharged. Pinalitan ko na yung expansion valve at drier, pati yung thermostat kasi pudpod na.

Idling, was miraculously fixed when I tinkered with the hoses.

other replacements were due to wear n tear... brake pads, wheel bearing, timing belt.

All in all, not a bad car.. Magastos naman talaga magkotse e.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thanks all! mukhang green light na to B). but i think i'll still keep the ae92 as a project car ;).

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I used to own a 94 Corolla Gli AT. The first na bumigay is compressor and then auxilliary fan then no major replacements. Others are the usual wear and tear parts. Pero tsong, kung hindi lang ako paalis dati, I will never sell my car. Nilalaban ko sa baha iyun and knowing Toyota they have spare parts eveywhere.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its a good car... go for it.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    This car is believed to be the best in its class. It is arguably the most efficient car among its competitors, as it can go just as fast but return significantly better fuel numbers.

Initial flaws are its 6200-rpm redline and interior quality not quite as good as a Honda. All else is fine. It's got the necessary features, with rear seatbelts, cupholders in '95 then airbag and ABS in late '96. And being a Toyota, it has given long-term reliability, with easy maintenance and a wide array of spare parts to boot.

Believe me, it's my car now.

'94 corolla Gli maintenance issues