New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    how about mine? ano po asesment niyo mga sir? 1.6L 4g32 engine (unmaintaned head gasket, unknown engine compression state, havent changed oil in 5 months, nde pa ulet npptiming, etc.. my poor engine.. T_T hope fully next year na ipapamaintainance) * 10km/L.. my driving technique is juz low rev.. enough lang pra mapaandar ung car w/o sacrificing na maghikahos o mahirapan ung engine.. nde ko ginagalet ung engine every gear.. im picking up speed by means of slowly reving the engine.. like smooth riding..

and im just wonderin.. my dad said that my pistons are "rebored" in the past. (tama ba? rebored?) and sabi niya, bcoz of that, mejo lalaki ang displacement ng engine, giving me that takaw consumption.. tama po b un?

thanks!

cheers!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    usually toyota corolla 1.3 m/t models usually consumes 10km/L on normal city driving.. during traffic, you use gas with less mileage so the consumption drops between 8 to 9.

the car is already atleast 12 years old. Is it consuming oil as well? try to observe the color of the smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe.. and also try to check the burning by examining the spark plug... most likely, you have a worn out piston ring or the cylinder liners are already worn out and damage - making your car a possible candidate for overhaul..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    guys,

Finally got my carb cleaned at Kamuning, had a tune up as well....so far after my first full tank of city driving (same conditions as before)

I now get 9.7 kms/liter from my previous 8.2kms!!! for my 1990 xl corolla. i am now on my 2nd full tank and hope to see the same improved mileage again!!

thanks for all the inputs!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    eto update sa altis ko:

Pure highway 14.5km/l
    (all provincial)

Mixed city and highway 9.9 km/l
    (moderate traffic + light traffic sa edsa and marcos highway)

Pure city 6.5km/l
    (moderate to heavy traffic + short trips sa manila side along espana)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
8.7 km/L for Toyota 1.3