New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by v22
    ok! isasabay ko na nga yung pump para sigurado.... thanks for the inputs!

one question though... ok lang ba ang replacement timing belt???

paging Otep and Pajerokid;

sang shop and reccommended ninyo to buy these parts???

TIA
    Hi V22,

Judging by your handle, it looks like you drive a V22

Okay na diyan sa Motorix, kaya lang, the way they charge labor is the same as in the casas. Meaning, 'isang hawak, isang singil'. But of course cheaper pa rin yung labor compared to casas and there are parts all around. Haggling prowess is an advantage of course hehe.

Sa Eldorado cubao naman, there's like a squad of mercenary mechanics who offer very cheap labor. Very good for minor repair like changing stripped wheel bolts. Parts are generally cheaper than motorix, not by much, but if youre gonna get a lot of stuff, it may well be worth the look.

On replacement belts, hmmm.... i'd pass on these since the originals now only cost slightly more (vs costing twice) than replacements. Unless you can verify the OEM manufacturer and get the specific belt for the Paj.

Enjoy your ride dude!

BTW, replace both belts.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    thanks PK!

yes i changed both belts.. i was surprised to find out that the balancer belt was already broken! luckily it did'nt crossed with the timing belt....

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    Hi V22,

Judging by your handle, it looks like you drive a V22

Okay na diyan sa Motorix, kaya lang, the way they charge labor is the same as in the casas. Meaning, 'isang hawak, isang singil'. But of course cheaper pa rin yung labor compared to casas and there are parts all around. Haggling prowess is an advantage of course hehe.

Sa Eldorado cubao naman, there's like a squad of mercenary mechanics who offer very cheap labor. Very good for minor repair like changing stripped wheel bolts. Parts are generally cheaper than motorix, not by much, but if youre gonna get a lot of stuff, it may well be worth the look.

On replacement belts, hmmm.... i'd pass on these since the originals now only cost slightly more (vs costing twice) than replacements. Unless you can verify the OEM manufacturer and get the specific belt for the Paj.

Enjoy your ride dude!

BTW, replace both belts.
    to pajeor kid/otep,

sir gud day po!

im here in zamboanga city, last year i bought a pajero from subic, the converted one, sabi its 98 model, pero tiningnan ko ung seat belt it was 92, whats d real model po? do you na kelangan ko na po syang palitan ng timing belt? present mileage is 103k nang binili ko sya it was 99k, dapad na po ba syang palitan?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    If you want to have an idea on how the 4D56 TDIC's timing belt is replaced, you can download the 4D56 engine workshop manual '91-'93 here : http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...ht=4D56+Manual
    compliments of garyq

On pages 11A-3-1 up to 11A-3-9 you'll find the diagrams and the fully illustrated step-by-step procedure on how this is done. You'll also see where the other parts fit.

Hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mikoddl,
    palitan mo na yung timing belt para may peace of mind....hirap na mapululan ko habang tumatakbo yung makina.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung seatbelt tag ang totoo. Madaming mga dealer na dinadaya ang age ng sasakyan.

Gates, makes good replacement belts for the Pajero. I think may complete set na sila (yung nasa green boxes).

Sina Ungas may mga timing belt kits din na binebenta.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
4d56 tdic timing belt questions