New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Our 2006 Toyota Innova will be due for change oil. Currently we logged 22T KM. Can I still Change from my Usual Mineral oil to Fully Synthetic oil?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sure..there will be no problem if you do change...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    Our 2006 Toyota Innova will be due for change oil. Currently we logged 22T KM. Can I still Change from my Usual Mineral oil to Fully Synthetic oil?
    Go for it. Gaganda ang takbo ng makina mo.

I have shifted from mineral to synthetic last week for my 10,000Km change oil. Gumanda ang takbo ng makina.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gagaan din ang bulsa mo

Stock mineral oil is better, done that already with my Lancer itlog - mineral oil all the way up to this date and no problem so far. Our Innova has mineral oil when it was delivered to us from casa so why would these SA sell us Synthetic Oil?

I had my Innova switched to Fully Synthetic during my 15KPMS and they just top it with 1 Liter on my 20KPMS and on the 25KPMS the oil was already too dirty in my observation. At this point I decided to switch back to mineral oil and would be better to keep a cleaner engine having a 5K interval change oil.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    Yes, pwedeng-pwedeh!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Gagaan din ang bulsa mo

Stock mineral oil is better, done that already with my Lancer itlog - mineral oil all the way up to this date and no problem so far. Our Innova has mineral oil when it was delivered to us from casa so why would these SA sell us Synthetic Oil?

I had my Innova switched to Fully Synthetic during my 15KPMS and they just top it with 1 Liter on my 20KPMS and on the 25KPMS the oil was already too dirty in my observation. At this point I decided to switch back to mineral oil and would be better to keep a cleaner engine having a 5K interval change oil.
    +1 on this. I assumed that this will be the case.

see this link, its the other way around...
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45492

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    changing back and forth is ok.

2006 Inova from Mineral oil to Synthetic oil