New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    hey attic-dude...exalta 2000 STA owner here...kinda same experience..drilling sound when you unlock using the keys...i believe i heard a guy complained also about this on his 2004 sentra GX...he said something about ABS check daw yun..it wasn't clear and i hadn't had the luxury of talking to this guy.

Moreover, one of the door actuators at the back works..sometimes not...i'm guessing a wiring or actuators needs replacements...My motorized antenna is a bit problem too...it's not diving all the way when turned off....but I believe these are just minor issues with the car....overall..the exalta STA is an experience...cool car...try posting on the nissanbayan.com....be a member....nissan bayan members are a big help.

city
    salamat bro sa reply mo. i think that guy you're talking about also has the same problem as mine. does he have a similar thread as mine that i can visit?
    sana matandaan mo pa kung saan mo nabasa yung post niya. i'm having the actuators checked na sa casa, hopefully yun lang yung kelangan palitan.

i'll try to post din sa nissanbayan, i have visited their site a couple of times na rin.

btw, i agree, the exalta is a real treat to drive!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    sir, nagkaroon nko ng ganyang problem. pinacheck ko sa mga alipores ni rick lim. nung una pinalitan nila yung mga actuators. tapos ayaw pa rin. yun pala sila na yung relay ata yun nung alarm. yung pinakasensor nya para kasabay yung power locks. di ko alam tawag dun. hehe. try mo dalhin ke rick. wag mo lang kausapin yung barbaric nyang kapatid.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The antenna motor is relatively easy. Just replace it. Mga 1.5k yata ang kuha ko sa surplus (Evangelista), but that was long ago, so I'm not sure. Could have been more, could have been less.

Relays nga yata yun sa locks... but a weak car battery can also cause the alarm to act weird sometimes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    nice car for a low price and a low mileage.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark
    sir, nagkaroon nko ng ganyang problem. pinacheck ko sa mga alipores ni rick lim. nung una pinalitan nila yung mga actuators. tapos ayaw pa rin. yun pala sila na yung relay ata yun nung alarm. yung pinakasensor nya para kasabay yung power locks. di ko alam tawag dun. hehe. try mo dalhin ke rick. wag mo lang kausapin yung barbaric nyang kapatid.
    i just replaced my alarm with a brand new one sa casa e. yung stock alarm ng exalta, pero i will ask nalang din yung rep sa casa about the relay para ma check nila. i am assuming na pag napalitan yung alarn e kasama na rin yung relay.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    The antenna motor is relatively easy. Just replace it. Mga 1.5k yata ang kuha ko sa surplus (Evangelista), but that was long ago, so I'm not sure. Could have been more, could have been less.

Relays nga yata yun sa locks... but a weak car battery can also cause the alarm to act weird sometimes.
    yung antenna, wala naman ata ako problem sa motor pero napansin ko pag fully retracted yung antenna, naka lubog siya. weird.

umm attic_dude...the guy i talked to was a guy in person..not in any forum....funny mine doesn't have the alarm jsut the central lock system but i'm hearing the knock/drilling sound....it could be the relay...also i noticed the switch on the under the hood near the battery is deactivated..meaning gone...could this be causing it? ..i mean..no more continuity...any inputs?

thanks niky...i'll try a run to fail sa antenna ko..tumataas baba pa naman e...it just need a little help by pushing it down when it's down.

city

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    umm attic_dude...the guy i talked to was a guy in person..not in any forum....funny mine doesn't have the alarm jsut the central lock system but i'm hearing the knock/drilling sound....it could be the relay...also i noticed the switch on the under the hood near the battery is deactivated..meaning gone...could this be causing it? ..i mean..no more continuity...any inputs?

thanks niky...i'll try a run to fail sa antenna ko..tumataas baba pa naman e...it just need a little help by pushing it down when it's down.

city
    bro yung sinasabi mo is the hood switch. i also had that replaced sa casa pero ganun pa rin yun problem ko. hopefully maayos siya pag na replace yung actuators.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh... mine started getting stuck halfway, then it just got permanently stuck. Ok lang ang surplus dyan.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by attic_dude
    bro yung sinasabi mo is the hood switch. i also had that replaced sa casa pero ganun pa rin yun problem ko. hopefully maayos siya pag na replace yung actuators.

i just noticed the knocking/drilling when i turn off the engine...strange....do you experience this attic_dude, niky?

city

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2000 nissan exalta