New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm.. sounds like my symptom :D
    when it's difficult to go to 1st gear, is that a synchro problem, or the clutch plate lang ang nauupod?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually, 1st gear should be engaged when the vehicle came to a full stop. It's for the tranny's own protection and other passengers. Slowing down while shifting to 1st gear will really be difficult.

To check if your clutch needs replacing, run at a moderate speed (about40-50km/h). After reaching 3rd gear try to release clutch pedal in an aburpt motion. Vehicle should atleast try to jolt with sudden depress of accelerating pedal. If and only if the engine rpm increases without adding speed, that's a bad symptom.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    clutch sliding ba is tulad sa mga jeep na.. taas ng RPM na i mean todo gas na un driver pero ang bagal ng takbo minsan hirap na hirap umusag sa stand still??ganun? tsaka parang wala na sa tono un tunog eh parang matic na d mo maintindihan??

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes and no, yes if the engine is still stock and has the torque to move the vehicle from standstill point. No, if engine mods done are not correct. They kill the low end torque the engine needs to move the vehicle; ie, too big exhaust diameter, free flow and header setups. That's why I have heard some cars rev to 2000rpm just to let the vehicle crawl and sound like an automatic tranny.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Happened to me already. Your clutch is worn but not evenly. Hence when there is a jerking motion. I think I also broke one of those 'fingers' inside the transmission which caused the uneven wear.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
1rst gear, lakas ng nginig