New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    My Corolla manual says 10,000km oil change interval for NORMAL driving. I drive easy here in the province, no real traffic jams, no short trips nor stop-and-go driving, and usually only 2 people in the car including driver (me). The car is driven only about 10,000kms each year.

Should I go by the manual? or should I do it more often?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the 10,000 kms interval i think is only applicable for fully synth oils. otherwise, the 5,000 km interval is still the best.

imho, if you really use these kinds of oil, then i will still recommend a 7000 kms interval. its better to spend money on oil changes than to spend money on a busted engine.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Kung mas-maraming highway driving (speeds > 60Kmh most of the time, distances > 10km per trip, baka ok lang yung 10K. Otherwise, consider it city driving and change every 5TKm.

Driving conditions here are considered extreme - dusty, hot, humid. So better change it every 5000 kms. just to make sure, you wouldn't want your engine to sieze up.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    if you prefer to have oil changes every 10K km using synthetic oil you are still required to have the oil filter changes every 5K km.

10,000km Oil Change Interval