New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. rey_rya Guest
    Mr. Batman ok ung vtecmini ng friend mo ah. Sana pwede pasilip . Yes Mr Walter there are aftermarket power window mechanisms.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Is there an automatic transmission model for the 1997 Mk VII mini cooper? What's the difference between a mini and mini cooper?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Saw a mini-cabriolet in one of the shops here in Q.C. and is for sale at 1.5M, model is 1995. Ganda talaga....whish I can own one.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    Oh, so they are costly. Thought for about 250-300T one can have a 1994-1997 mini in excellent running condition. Are there power windows installed?
    Indeed there are, as stated by rey rya. But seldom would miniists have it installed since the other window winder is within reach from driver seat. At my size nga, abot ko pa para ayusin yung side mirror sa kanan e (syempre hihinto muna ako dapat).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rey_rya
    Mr. Batman ok ung vtecmini ng friend mo ah. Sana pwede pasilip . Yes Mr Walter there are aftermarket power window mechanisms.
    Ako din po pwede pasilip? I understand vtec minis are flip-front?

A e,... ako nga po pala si esarc, at kakadating-dating ko lang po dito sa forum, pero matagal na po akong may mini. Sana welcome po ako.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Welcome esarc! Not necessarily all minis with vtec under the hood eh flip front although it is much easier to work on the engine of a mini kung flip front irregardless kung orig or vtec ang nakakabit. Join the Club pare, we regularly meet every sat sa Pioneer Grill in Pioneer center in mandaluyong. from 9pm onwards. Please do join us, who knows we might be able to help you out with your needs for your mini.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Before the new Mini? The old one's last upgrade was to EFI in 92. It was produced until 2000.
    In 1996 the Mini got a multi-point fuel injection, driver's airbag, side impact beam and the radiator was moved to the front.
    Newer models were also available with a 5-speed M/T. The Cooper Sport 5 looks cool, 85hp 1.3 mated to a 5-speed gearbox, 13 inch wheels and fat tires...

Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    What's the difference between a mini and mini cooper?
    The Mini Cooper is the sporty version
    Last edited by AG4; March 25th, 2006 at 04:07 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    Welcome esarc! Not necessarily all minis with vtec under the hood eh flip front although it is much easier to work on the engine of a mini kung flip front irregardless kung orig or vtec ang nakakabit. Join the Club pare, we regularly meet every sat sa Pioneer Grill in Pioneer center in mandaluyong. from 9pm onwards. Please do join us, who knows we might be able to help you out with your needs for your mini.
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks for the info on the vtec mini. The one i saw in a magazine kasi was flipfront.

Thanks for the invite. I am actually eager to come to the meeting. I'm just uncertain if i'd be able to join the club. I know a few people who go there already. I'm just not sure if they are all members. To name a few (I will not put their full names, i have no permission): R.G. of Imus was the 1st one to tell me about that meeting (funny he told ma about it when we saw each other in the island Camiguin - as in hanggang doon mini nasa mga utak namin); I also know C.M. from Cainta (he used to have a green flip front), now his baby is like 'benetton', very cool!; also W.C. of fairview, yellow 1275 matic (very fast! iniwan ako sa commonwealth); N.B. "the engineer" orange mini pickup. I don't know if they remember me. I hope they would if i tell that i have an '72 Mini1000, orange, white top.

Hope to see you guys soon.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    esarc, ikaw ba yung taga QC na orange mini that I see often in Veterans Area?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    esarc, ikaw ba yung taga QC na orange mini that I see often in Veterans Area?
    Malamang. I live in Tandang Sora near Commonwealth and I often fetch my daughter at Quezon City Science High kaya madalas ako dun sa Veterans area. Although friends tell me also that they see me (my car actually) in places in the metro where i 've never been. Ala... may clone ang mini ko...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Year model