New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    ano po difference ng MK1 mk2 and etc.?
    When po nilabas ang mga ito?

What can you suggest if i only have 150T for my first mini project?(even 1st project car)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post

What can you suggest if i only have 150T for my first mini project?(even 1st project car)
    Mk1 -1959 to 1967= smaller rear window, small round rear tail lamps, external door hinges.......... Mk2 -introduced Nov. 1967.......... how about looking at ...www.minispares.com for a more detailed information.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    150,000 ..IMO, medyo mahirapan kang magsimula sa project mo unless makahanap ka ng katulad na ibinebenta(or naibenta na *60,000?)na irerestore na Mini(nasa car finder ito). Well, baka sakali din...Good Luck!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post

'97,

MK 1 & 2's share the same outside hinged doors, mk 2 used larger rear windscreen. Mk 1 has the moustached grilles while Mk 2 sports the type of grille that was used until the Mk 7's. Mk 1 has bumpers with corner bars and overriders while the Mk2 only had the overriders. Rear lamps for the mk 1 is tear drop shaped while MK 2 has the 2 colors rectangular shaped that was used up to the mk 3 until '76. Mk 1 came out in '59-early '67, Mk 2 was produced late 67 to late 69. It was the shortest lived series and believed to be the transition mini. Mk2 was popular because of the Cooper Car Co. and the Yellow Britax-Cooper Downton circuit racers, Mk1 became popular in their rally versions. You can see a very fine example of a Monte Carlo Mk1 Rally car in Automax , Bautista cor Emilia sts Makati. It's the same mini displayed in '04 motorshow and at the Intercon of the same year.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sir wanker are you somehow related sa automax?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sir wanker, dun din ba sa automax ung naka v-tec engine na mini?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi '97,

newbie here, just want to share my experience with restoration. got myself a austin mini mk1 in '03, had the same thought of restoring it with a budget of 150k...eventually got to meet batman and i remember him telling me that mk1's ( the real ones ) are hard to come by so if i do decide to restore, do it slowly and to the best detail. i took his advice, research on the web for information, parts etc. slowly begun meeting mini enthusiasts, helped them rebuild their engines ( i work in an engine rebuilding company, AER,inc. ) and really got to know the mini inside out. it has been 4 years now and my mini is near its complition. it is true that restoring a mk1 is MADUGO, and 150k is just about 1/4 of what you will really be spending. i took the time to have parts ordered from UK and other parts & accessories fabricated locally. we do have good craftsmen here and the job they do...you will never know that it was locally fabricated. some would ask me why it took so long to complete...kasi tight rin ako sa budget...but the end result will be the most satisfying experience specially for a mini lover. one thing i will be really proud of my mini is that i restored it with a push button ignition system which was introduced in the early mk1's, same with the rare courtesy lamps on the rear side pockets. you will be surprise and shock to find out how much you have already spent in the 4 years of its journey. but then again an advice from batman made me realize the true beauty of an austin mini mk1. if you are serious in restoring one PM me at ryjacinto*yahoo.com and i will be more than happy to help you. just like you, this is my first project. i had hesitations at first but when the ball starts rolling....there is no stopping.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi spooky,

Please share with us some resto pics of your Mk1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spooky View Post
    hi '97,

newbie here, just want to share my experience with restoration. got myself a austin mini mk1 in '03, had the same thought of restoring it with a budget of 150k...eventually got to meet batman and i remember him telling me that mk1's ( the real ones ) are hard to come by so if i do decide to restore, do it slowly and to the best detail. i took his advice, research on the web for information, parts etc. slowly begun meeting mini enthusiasts, helped them rebuild their engines ( i work in an engine rebuilding company, AER,inc. ) and really got to know the mini inside out. it has been 4 years now and my mini is near its complition. it is true that restoring a mk1 is MADUGO, and 150k is just about 1/4 of what you will really be spending. i took the time to have parts ordered from UK and other parts & accessories fabricated locally. we do have good craftsmen here and the job they do...you will never know that it was locally fabricated. some would ask me why it took so long to complete...kasi tight rin ako sa budget...but the end result will be the most satisfying experience specially for a mini lover. one thing i will be really proud of my mini is that i restored it with a push button ignition system which was introduced in the early mk1's, same with the rare courtesy lamps on the rear side pockets. you will be surprise and shock to find out how much you have already spent in the 4 years of its journey. but then again an advice from batman made me realize the true beauty of an austin mini mk1. if you are serious in restoring one PM me at ryjacinto*yahoo.com and i will be more than happy to help you. just like you, this is my first project. i had hesitations at first but when the ball starts rolling....there is no stopping.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi vince,

i tried to load some of the pics but the file size exceeded the maximum allowable. i am not that good at computer stuff either to resize it but i would like to share them with the rest of the members. maybe i could send the pics through your e-mail address and then you could please post it for me.

spooky

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    spooky,
    sure.. ill see what i can do. you can email me at chinook168*yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by spooky View Post
    hi vince,

i tried to load some of the pics but the file size exceeded the maximum allowable. i am not that good at computer stuff either to resize it but i would like to share them with the rest of the members. maybe i could send the pics through your e-mail address and then you could please post it for me.

spooky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Whats the different between MK1 MK2 and etc