New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I have been looking for a Mini. Am being offered one from Davao: Japan sourced, converted na to LHD and registered there. Balita ko lang is that pinagiinitan ng LTO dito sa Metro ang Davao (or Cebu or Subic) plates. Some say naman that Minis are generally ignored, their interest being the SUVs and exotic cars. Can anybody shed some light on this? I am seriously considering the offer, but want to avoid LTO harassment.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by minicoopal View Post
    I have been looking for a Mini. Am being offered one from Davao: Japan sourced, converted na to LHD and registered there. Balita ko lang is that pinagiinitan ng LTO dito sa Metro ang Davao (or Cebu or Subic) plates. Some say naman that Minis are generally ignored, their interest being the SUVs and exotic cars. Can anybody shed some light on this? I am seriously considering the offer, but want to avoid LTO harassment.
    Sir, was fortunate enough to acquire two minis from Davao and two years na at wala pa namang napapaara samin by LTO or TMG. The two cars are everyday cars and no sad experience yet. Kaya maiinit ang cebu plates kasi may talahib(Peke) nuon na mga registrations. But now sarado na ang nag issue ng mga peke na cebu reg kaya hindi na din pinapansin ang mga cebu reg. Case to case basis lang yan bro.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sir,

Tama si sir batman case to case basis lang naman. Yung mini ko sir registered in Davao and pag gamit ko nakangiti lang tumingin yung mga Pulis at TMG sa akin, hehehehe... Pag ok naman po yung paper ala naman po kayong dapat ikabahala..

Davao registration