New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Looks like an Alfa factory worker could be in a spot of bother, after this sneaky pic was leaked on Facebook. It shows an undisguised Alfa Milano, the car that will replace the current 147 when it goes on sale next year.

Good-looking thing, ain't it? Like a blown-up MiTo with bits of 8C mixed in. It's not often we get to see a car this long before its launch, especially without some sort of weird camouflage or cardboard strapped to its bumpers.

The Milano has some trademark Alfa touches, from the hidden doorhandles to that suggestively plunging grille. It just looks a bit naughty, which is exactly how an Alfa should look.

The car sits on an all-new platform, which it will share with the new 159 replacement, as well as upcoming Chryslers after Fiat Group's takeover of the US giant. Let's hope it drives as good as it looks, eh?

TopGear.com
    We're not entirely sure where they originated, but some brazen soul has taken a series of camera phone photos of what appears to be a brace of production-line Alfa Romeo Milano hatchbacks. Although low-res, these shots provide the best look yet at the Italian automaker's forthcoming model, with blurry glimpses inside-and-out of what looks for all the world like a plus-sized MiTo (not a bad thing). From the appearance of things, the shots were taken in an Alfa production facility (they're likely early production small batch cars), suggesting that the model is nearly ready for its debut... perhaps in Frankfurt?

The voluptuous five-door certainly integrates styling cues from the smaller MiTo (which itself sought design assistance from the gorgeous 8C Competizione supercar), particularly up front, but the rear end eschews the Mito's traditional round brakelamps for larger, whistle-shaped horizontally oriented units. In typical Alfa fashion, the hatchback also receives a handsome looking instrument panel with a pair of tunneled main gauges (speedometer and tachometer), as well as simple rotary controls for the HVAC system and plenty of metal (or metal-effect) trim.

As you may recall, the Milano was reportedly one of the vehicles named in internal documents as one of the offerings that Alfa will use to spearhead the automaker's return to North American soil. There has been some discussion that Stateside model plans between Fiat, Chrysler, and Alfa will be tweaked, but as far as we know, the hatch is still a solid bet for the U.S. market. Thanks for the tips, everyone!

Autoblog.com

What do you guys think?

Me? I think it's a ***y little beast, like all other Alfas. I especially love the rear door handles. I was rather disappointed when I found out that Alfa ditched them with the 159. The front is very MiTo and 8C.. which is very very good. The rear I'm not so sure, but it'll eventually grow on me. Overall though, the Milano is definitely better looking than all of it's rivals.. VW Golf, Ford Focus, Vauxhall/Opel Astra, Holden Cruze, Renault Megane, Citroen C4, Peugeot 308, Toyota Corolla/Auris, Mazda3.. even from the premium brands like the Audi A3, Merc B, BMW 1-Series. I think Alfa's onto a winner here. Can't wait to see what the new Giulia (replacement of the 159, therefore the new version of my 156) will look like.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=3]Not feeling the front fascia, seriously. But the rear`s quite ok. [/SIZE]

Alfa Romeo Milano