New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Hello everyone,

Is LED headlights illegal? If it is not illegal until what color of light only consider getting blocked?

So far I keep viewing the led headlamp and most of people is selling 6000k (white light) with 3.6k lumen. I am seeing the headlamp majority manufactured vehicle between 1500lumen until 3000lumen.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo Tim View Post
    Hello everyone,

Is LED headlights illegal? If it is not illegal until what color of light only consider getting blocked?

So far I keep viewing the led headlamp and most of people is selling 6000k (white light) with 3.6k lumen. I am seeing the headlamp majority manufactured vehicle between 1500lumen until 3000lumen.

Factory fitted is the key. If you retrofit original HID/LED headlights that were made for your car, including all the stuff that belongs to it (headlight washer maybe not so necessary when you keep your headlights clean manually), then go for it. You'll get better light, not to mention that LED headlights look freaking cool.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    ano na ba official LTO statement?

problem w/ LTO is that they're a bunch of retards who don't know what factory LED is or they're intentionally ambiguous for more kotong power

but yes they're mostly cool white in the 6000K range. me personally i prefer neutral white around 5000K

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oem led and hid and properly retrofitted led and hid (NOT THE SO CALLED PLUG AND PLAY ONE CAN BUY IN BANAWE AND ELSEWHERE) are allowed.

what is not allowed are

1. led bars and led lamps designed for offroad use WITH NO COVER.as with any offroad lights, including conventional lamps using halogen, etc., these need to be covered at all times. they are only allowed, guess where? OFFROAD! you can only remove the covers when you are in an unpaved road and you still need to turn them off when there is a vehicle in front of you irrespective if that vehicle is facing towards or away from your vehicle.

2. improperly retrofitted lights whether led or hid that have no proper cut off. the presidential decree that regulates vehicle lighting and sirens prohibits any modification to a vehicle's head lights but one can always argue that the lights are proper upgrades if they are properly retrofitted. so stay away from those "plug and play" hid and led.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta the safe guide to follow is that if it is an add on light (on the bull bar, nudge bar, bumper, or roof) it is considered an offorad lamp and therefore need to have a cover when driving in city/town, hiway or any paved road in general.

if it is in the headlight assembly, the lto most probably will not bother. BUT the main consideration here is COURTESY TO YOUR FELLOW MOTORISTS. lights that are improperly fitted have too much glare and do not have the proper cut off and aim, blinding others and earning their ire in return.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    ano na ba official LTO statement?

problem w/ LTO is that they're a bunch of retards who don't know what factory LED is or they're intentionally ambiguous for more kotong power

but yes they're mostly cool white in the 6000K range. me personally i prefer neutral white around 5000K

Thanks for your suggestions!