New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My uncle called me and wanted my opinion about a car he just read about. Like everybody up there, he's getting rid of his people movers and getting smaller, more agile cars.

The new Regal GS. The last old Regal GS I remember was a sleeper with a supercharged V6. The last three sedans my uncle owned (before going SUV) were Buicks.

9-speed AT, AWD, V6, DI, 310hp, cylinder deactivation, based on an Opel design and imported from Germany.....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd worry about reliability from the Opel underpinnings.

-

Have heard the new Buicks are very good... but unfortunately, we don't have them here, so I haven't had any firsthand experience of them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    No safety tech mentioned in the media drive.

I like the CVD ala Magna-Ride and the Brembos.

40K for the base price is steep.

I'd rather get the V6 XSE Camry which costs around 30k.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    No safety tech mentioned in the media drive.

I like the CVD ala Magna-Ride and the Brembos.

40K for the base price is steep.

I'd rather get the V6 XSE Camry which costs around 30k.
    My uncle have had a thing for Buick since I can remember. It's pointless trying to steer him to other brands.The only thing that might steer him away is a V8. His Jeep commander has a Hemi V8. He wanted a V8 sedan originally. But, it's hard to find a V8 sedan with AWD that he liked. He sure as heck needs AWD because Nevada has a poor record of snow removal on its roads.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'd worry about reliability from the Opel underpinnings.

-

Have heard the new Buicks are very good... but unfortunately, we don't have them here, so I haven't had any firsthand experience of them.
    When the family and I vacationed in Turkey almost 1.5 decades ago, we rented a 2.0T Opel Vectra. The quality seemed okay. Decent acceleration (probably in the 6-sec range 0-60mph). About the same size as my Ford Contour back then, but much quicker.

The way my uncle drives, I doubt reliability will be a big concern. He drives like a grandpa which he is. Now, if he drove like me, it's a different story.