New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My family owns a '01 Astra Wagon. Ride quality is very nice and comfy; it's stable at speed. Pero it's slow to accelerate kasi ang bigat ng kaha hehe. I wish it at least had a 1.8L engine...or a diesel! However, since moving out, I get to drive only once in a blue moon; and I don't get to maintain it as well.

But alas, it started to manifest problems from 2006. First the aircon broke, my dad had to buy a new compressor; then the right rear passenger window came loose from it's frame. Now I noticed that it has a tendency of overheating, to which my dad has no idea why.

The aircon is one of the weak points of the car in our experience. Have a trusted mechanic check out the car din, especially the suspension components. Alternative parts source eh pwede sa Thunder; among others.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    sir,
    we just acquired 2nd hand opel astra wagon,ok naman ang takbo niya,we used it in our trip to baguio ang logged almost 1100kms (hi-way,steep roads driving) i consumed 45 ltrs of g5 extreme from seaoil and another 45 ltrs of unleaded from shell and i can say that its economical than our gas fed FX.
    ask ko lang po if u have any idea on where to go for repair of side mirror (power)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    air filters go around P700 to P1,000 I think? Oil filters around P300 to P500? Can't really remember, pero along those lines rin. Shocks are similar to japs rin, pwede rin kasi Bilsteins i-fit. Replacements costs around 4k to 6k, casa prices are around 6k+ (someone confirm please? )For break pads, Bendix pads fit rin so di rin talaga nagkakalayo sa price.

Mahal lang mga major parts like Aircon compressor which could get up to 20k to 25k.

P.S., eddiebauer's post is full of crap.
    If compressor 25K, vs 16K pajero then same as nissan? I thought I read somewhere(or was told) sa 40K ang opel compressor. I do think the opel wagon looks great for a SW.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Any non-casa shop that can service opels? thanks

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    automedics in pasig.

join clubopelph.com for tons of info.

cheers
    silvermags

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_mags2 View Post
    automedics in pasig.

join clubopelph.com for tons of info.

That club has been so Boring and Quiet this year.

Sorely needs members.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    That club has been so Boring and Quiet this year.

Sorely needs members.
    I respect your opinion but it does not change the fact that is has tons of info.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I respect your opinion but it does not change the fact that is has tons of info.
    informative yes....

free access to the info.... depends on whether the thread is on the guest access.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by markydude View Post
    informative yes....

free access to the info.... depends on whether the thread is on the guest access.

There is a minimal fee of membership. I believe the info, tips, commeraderie among others outweighs the value of the fee. Like I said it has tons of info.

We have eb's everynow and then and we enjoy everytime there is an eb. We build bridges of friendship, we sometimes have Fun Run Etc..

Sometimes friendship is built beyond the walls of the opel club! It's not a perfect club but members are sincere in trying to help out each other.

It's not a big organization. We are constantly trying to improve it. Ika nga it's a working process.

Being a member or not. It's up to the individual. Sometimes we buy mags, fancy stereo's and sound system upgrade, upgrade in the engine etc. Buy fancy shoes, shirts etc..

It's up the individual to do whatever he wants with his hard earned money. At the end of the day the value of what you paid for being a member and tons of info you can get from the club is a fraction of whatever fancy upgrade you do with your opel.

Life is about choices. I choose to be a member and there is no regrets being an active member.

Cheers!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    It's not a big organization. We are constantly trying to improve it. Ika nga it's a working process.
    Hope you get more members. Membership shrunk down to only 50+ members this year, I was told.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advice on Opel Astra