New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Does anyone know why there are no slots at DFA Uptown for October 2022? They only have until September 30. Is it true walk ins are allowed for seniors?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Does anyone know why there are no slots at DFA Uptown for October 2022? They only have until September 30. Is it true walk ins are allowed for seniors?

Madami na daw ulit slots. Pwede daw walk in seniors & pwd.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post

Madami na daw ulit slots. Pwede daw walk in seniors & pwd.
    Yup sa Aura marami ng slots but not in Uptown. I'm thinking baka they closed Uptown na?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Is it true walk ins are allowed for seniors?
    Yes.. Tapos pwede na din isabay pagprocess sa kasama nyang nag-a-assist sa kanya kung gusto din magpa-passport..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Yes, PWD and Seniors can walk in with their immediate family as well..

my uncle walked in sa Megamall, and he opted to pick up his passport.. so he was able to get it in 9 days yata..

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    The walk-in for the assistance of the Senior/PWD is for +1 (usually). But in some DFA office(s), the Senior/PWD "may" need to inform the DFA staff of the +1 so that they can be processed alongside the Senior/PWD.

Parents did their renewal late August 2022 in North Edsa Annex, brother was initially asked to keep in line with the regular applicant. He had his own appointment same day, not walk in but with Seniors. Parents had to ask if he could be processed with them as well. They were the first batch for the day so not much people in line at the time so they allowed it. If they were on a later hour, might not have been the same case.

I would say still process it online for the proper appointment as I don't know if you are still able to pay the processing and shipping fees on site. We didn't notice any "cashiers" to do the payment at North Edsa but it might might just be a single table because when you make an appointment online, payments for processing and delivery are required to be done together and you print out the Official Receipt that is emailed by DFA with regards to your appointment/payment.

You also send your supporting documents for every applicant online for review and reference of DFA. We brought 1 photocopy + original on hand to present to DFA still as indicated in their instructions, but parents & brother took no longer than 20minutes upon opening of DFA as all the "necessary" supporting documents just need to be "scanned" before they left.

Parents/Brother booked their DFA appointment just this July so just a month later there was an available appointment. Not sure now though.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Nalito lang ako sa online system. May option to pay onsite pero next screen is to pay in advanced within 48 hrs. Kailangan ba talaga magbayad within 48 hrs? Or OK lang sa onsite na mag pay?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Nalito lang ako sa online system. May option to pay onsite pero next screen is to pay in advanced within 48 hrs. Kailangan ba talaga magbayad within 48 hrs? Or OK lang sa onsite na mag pay?
    my recommendation is to pay in advance.
    the on-site queue for payment can elongate in a very short few minutes.
    kapag minalas, the payment queue can easily at least double your transaction time in the DFA office.

it happened to me.
    it was 8 am.
    the queue for the passsport officer was very short, as there were many stations. i was thru in less than 15 minutes from start of office.
    but there was only one cashier at that time. i was in queue for over 30 minutes.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 14th, 2022 at 11:04 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My Mom renewed her passport this week at SM Aura and it took her less than 30 minutes! I'm glad that over the years the processing time has improved. Though I wish we'd have non appearance again pre 2000s. Even the US has non appearance passport renewal, so I don't know why PH can't do mail in renewals like in the past.

BTW, ganda ng US passport, the data page is like an ID na

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    via appointment system? or walk in lang sya?

My Mom renewed her passport this week at SM Aura and it took her less than 30 minutes! I'm glad that over the years the processing time has improved. Though I wish we'd have non appearance again pre 2000s. Even the US has non appearance passport renewal, so I don't know why PH can't do mail in renewals like in the past.

BTW, ganda ng US passport, the data page is like an ID na

Philippine Passport Advisory