New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Share ko lang po.... forwarded message to my email.

Department of Foreign Affairs
    Travel Agency Section

Please be advised that effective January 2010, the green colored Philippine Passport will no longer be accepted even if it is still valid. Below are the list of new requirement for the application and renewal of Philippine Passport.

FOR RENEWAL MINOR AND ADULT

REQUIREMENTS:

1. OLD PASSPORT
    2. 3 PASSPORT SIZED PICTURES W/ROYAL BLUE BACKGROUND WEARING DARK COLORED POLO/BLOUSE
    3. PROPERLY ACCOMPLISHED APPLICATION FORM
    4. IF 18YRS OLD & BELOW, SUBMIT PHOTOCOPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND ORIG. PASSPORT OF MOTHER (TO BE SIGNED AND THUMBMARKED BY MOTHER ON

THE APPLICATION FORM AND UNDERTAKING)

PROCESSING TIME: 12WORKING DAYS

FOR NEW PASSPORT (ADULT)

REQUIREMENTS:

1. AUTHENTICATED BIRTH CERTIFICATE, IF LATE REGISTRATION SUBMIT 2 OLD DOCUMENTS (EG. BAPTISMAL WITH DRY SEAL, FORM 137, VOTER'S AFFIDAVIT)
    2. IF MARRIED WOMAN, AUTHENTICATED MARRIAGE CONTRACT
    3. 3 PASSPORT SIZED PICTURES W/ROYAL BLUE BACKGROUND WEARING DARK COLORED POLO/BLOUSE
    4. ORIGINAL I.D. (COMPANY, SSS, VOTER'S, DRIVER'S)
    5. FILLED UP APPLICATION FORM WITH SIGNATURE IN UNDERTAKING (2ND PAGE OF APPLICATION FORM). PLS. DON'T SIGN AND DON'T AFFIX THUMBMARK ON

GREEN APPLICATION FORM

FOR NEW PASSPORT/MINOR BELOW 18 YEARS OLD

1. AUTHENTICATED BIRTH CERTIFICATE
    2. AUTHENTICATED MARRIAGE CONTRACT OF PARENTS IF MARRIED. IF NOT PARENTS ARE NOT MARRIED, AFFIDAVIT OF ILLEGITIMACY
    3. 3 COPIES PASSSPORT SIZED PICTURE W/ROYAL BLUE BACKGROUND WEARING DARK COLORED POLO/BLOUSE
    4. DULY FILLED UP APPLICATION FORM, IF 8YRS OLD & ABOVE DON'T SIGN AND DON'T AFFIX THUMBMARK. BUT IF 7 YRS & BELOW, FORM SHOULD BE SIGNED

AND THUMBMARKED BY MOTHER
    5. ORIGINAL VALID PASSPORT OF MOTHER
    6. PHOTOCOPY OF SCHOOL I.D. IF STUDENT
    7. IF TRAVELLING WITHOUT PARENTS NEED DSWD CLEARANCE AND ORIGINAL PASSPORT OF TRAVELLING COMPANION

NOTE:

1. FOR MINORS BELOW 8 YRS OLD NEW AND RENEWAL, MOTHER IS FOR PERSONAL APPEARANCE AT DFA

2. FOR 8-17 YRS OLD NEW AND RENEWAL, APPLICANT AND MOTHER ARE FOR PERSONAL APPEARANCE AT DFA

3. FOR 18-64 YRS OLD NEW AND RENEWAL, PERSONAL APPEARANCE IS A MUST. ONLY 65 YEARS OLD & ABOVE ARE EXEMPTED FROM PERSONAL APPEARANCE

PROCESSING TIME: 12WORKING DAYS AFTER PERSONAL APPEARANCE

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    any link or official advisory from DFA... i can't see one when i tried browsing their website...

tagal pa expiration ng passport ko then kailangan ko i-renew before Jan 2010. hay naku gastos na naman to...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung sa akin, July 2010 pa. Pero i-renew ko na siguro, before June 2009, bago ako ulit umuwi. Sa Saudi, kelangan 6 months + pa validity ng passport mo, para bigyan ka ng re-entry visa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    After 2010 pa ang expiration ng passports namin, pwede na kaya mag renew this summer para walang pasok mga bata?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    naku gastusin na naman ito sa 2012 pa mag expire passport ko hay

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by skyglider View Post
    any link or official advisory from DFA... i can't see one when i tried browsing their website...

tagal pa expiration ng passport ko then kailangan ko i-renew before Jan 2010. hay naku gastos na naman to...
    Check here Sir

Philippine Embassy, Riyadh

[SIZE="2"]Salamat pala sa mga butihing Mods sa pag-edit ng tittle ng thread[/SIZE]
    Last edited by donski; January 28th, 2009 at 10:55 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sir donski,

Chineck ko po yung link na sinabi nyo pero I didn't see any information about Green Passports not being valid effective Jan 2010.

I read the same advisory from forwarded emails and other forums. It caused confusion sa madaming tao na nakabasa nito.

Since Im not based in the Philippines, I confirmed this information from the Philippines Embassy. Yung case ko kasi, hanggang 2012 pa valid yung passport ko. Sabi naman nila sa kin, valid pa to till 2012.

IMO, Hoax yung kumakalat na advisory about this. Nakwento ko na din tong advisory na to sa mga relatives ko. Now, I have to take my story back kasi gagastos sila ng wala sa oras for the passport renewal.

Here is one link that shows the reaction of many people about this news.

http://www.pinoysg.com/forum/viewtop...er=asc&start=0

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yehey! :jump2: after 12 days, release na new pp ko. P1200 lang sa travel agency. Took me only less 30mins for personal appearance which includes signing of the form, checking of the entered personal info, and thumbmarking :2thumbsup:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencoil View Post
    Sir donski,

Chineck ko po yung link na sinabi nyo pero I didn't see any information about Green Passports not being valid effective Jan 2010.

I read the same advisory from forwarded emails and other forums. It caused confusion sa madaming tao na nakabasa nito.

Since Im not based in the Philippines, I confirmed this information from the Philippines Embassy. Yung case ko kasi, hanggang 2012 pa valid yung passport ko. Sabi naman nila sa kin, valid pa to till 2012.

IMO, Hoax yung kumakalat na advisory about this. Nakwento ko na din tong advisory na to sa mga relatives ko. Now, I have to take my story back kasi gagastos sila ng wala sa oras for the passport renewal.

Here is one link that shows the reaction of many people about this news.

http://www.pinoysg.com/forum/viewtop...er=asc&start=0
    So hoax ba talaga or not? Kasi last week pag balik ko dito from abroad, I asked the immigration officer sa NAIA kung may info sya kung hanggang kelan pwede gamitin yung green passports, sabi nya until the expiration daw ng passport pwede pa.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    So hoax ba talaga or not? Kasi last week pag balik ko dito from abroad, I asked the immigration officer sa NAIA kung may info sya kung hanggang kelan pwede gamitin yung green passports, sabi nya until the expiration daw ng passport pwede pa.
    Tama yung sinabi nung immigration officer sa akin:

ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE NEW MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT

TO BE ISSUED BY THE PHILIPPINE EMBASSY IN SINGAPORE

The Philippine Embassy in Singapore has started accepting applications for the new Machine Readable Passports (MRP) starting 1 June 2008. The issuance of the MRP is in compliance with the requirement of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

Better Security Features and Advantages

The MRP helps safeguard the integrity of the Philippine passport. It contains new security features, such as holographic and micro-printing technology, that will help prevent the tampering of the personal details of the passport holder through data or photo manipulation or substitution.

· The MRP’s security features will boost the integrity of the Philippine passport.

· It will substantially lower the incidence of passport data and photo tampering

· It will facilitate the travel of Filipinos overseas as it is easier and faster for immigration officials to scrutinize digitally.

Passport Fee, Requirements, Validity

Despite having more security features and more pages--44 compared to 36 pages for the old green one—there will be no increase in the passport fee.

All passport requirements will remain the same except that the applicant will be required to personally appear and submit three (3) passport-size photos (4.5x3.5 cm), which should have a royal blue (instead of the usual white) matte background.

· Personal appearance is required

· No increase in passport fee

· 44 pages compared to 36 pages for the old green one.

· Like the green passport, the MRP will be valid for five (5) years

· All regular green passports earlier issued will remain valid and will be honored by immigration authorities worldwide until their stated expiry date.

Processing Time

· Processing time is six (6) weeks from the date of application to the date of collection/pick-up

Since the new passport will be printed and produced at the Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila, processing time will take six (6) weeks from the time the application is submitted to the time it will be ready for pick-up. All MRP applications will have to be sent to Manila by courier, after which the DFA will send the finished passports back to the Embassy in Singapore.

· No more expedite or early release of passports

The Embassy can no longer accommodate requests for the early release of passports.

· Filipinos in Singapore are strongly urged to apply at least three (3) months before the expiration of their passports, their scheduled travel, or employment pass/permit or visa expiration.

Because the processing time for the passport is six (6) weeks, the Philippine Embassy is urging Filipinos in Singapore to immediately check the validity of their passports and to apply for the new MRP at the embassy at least three (3) months before the expiration of their passports/employment permit, pass or visa, or their scheduled travel overseas (which may require at least six months passport validity).

Validity of Green Passport

The regular green passport will continue to be honored by immigration authorities world-wide until its period of validity ends.

Contact Details

For further inquiries regarding the Philippine Machine Readable Passport, please call the Philippine Embassy at +65 6737-3977 extension 101, 111, or 124, or e-mail at mrpinsg*dfa.gov.ph or php*pacific.net.sg. You may also visit our website at www.philippine-embassy.org.sg to download the MRP application form and for more information.

Important: Please click here for details on the photo requirements. Photos that do not comply with the above specifications will not be accepted for MRP purposes.

Note: To avoid possible rejection of photos, applicants are advised to have their photos taken at photo booths on the embassy grounds.

For Work Permit, S-Pass and E-Pass Holders

Whose Passports Will Expire

During the MRP Processing Period of Six Weeks

· MOM will manually issue a special pass to cover the legal stay of Filipinos whose passports will expire during the MRP processing period of six weeks.

· The special pass to be issued by MOM will not be more than one month. During this time, the applicant is not allowed to travel outside of Singapore.

· The Philippine Embassy will give the applicant a letter for presentation to MOM indicating that his/her MRP application is being processed and the expected date of release of his/her new passport.

· For exceptional cases, the Embassy is willing to extend the green passport of the applicant for a few weeks while the MRP application is being processed. During this time, the applicant is not allowed to travel outside Singapore.
    http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/index.cfm?GPID=229

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Philippine Passport Advisory