New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    [SIZE=2]Excerpts from Euronews: [/SIZE][SIZE=2]21.09.2007[/SIZE]

European Union to offer "Blue Card" permits
    The US has its Green Card enabling foreigners to live and work there - well now the European Union is set to have its own "Blue Card". In a bid to plug labour shortages caused by a declining and ageing population and to reverse the drain of skilled foreign migrants to the US, the card will give residential and employment rights to qualified workers from outside the European Union.

Being an OFW is here to stay.
    The economic condition of the country is expected to be bleak in the near future considering the present political will. I have observe the plight and difficulties of many OFW's being away from their loved ones just to work in the hardest conditions of the desert or frozen land or plain helper inside the palace of their foreign employer.
    There are the benefits yes - better education, good food and shelter, possibly afford a car and most importantly in the eyes of their relatives someone they can borrow money in case of need.
    But lately the dollar started to decline against the euro and according to the news report above, the European Union plan to populate themselves with skilled migrants from asia-african countries. Filipino skilled personnel are abundant now somewhere in other 100 countries worlwide. What we need is the best place to work preferable in our own country, but if not - are you ready for the EU?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Definitely ready! :D

Good thing i took Deutsch and Spanish back in college (because of the European exchange students). hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    good for you hp 'lam naman natin na iba-iba ang languages dun sa europe may german french dutch etc so in addition to one's skill he should learn at least one of thede languages except na lang kung magwowork sa uk.
    sa mga kababayan natin sa italy na marunong ng magitalyano siguro sila unang ma-upgrade at mabigyan ng legal status or residence permit once this law will be passed.

ciao!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    European girls are hot! hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    European girls are hot! hehehe.
    I agree with you HP.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hmm oks ito, still may opportunity pa to get work with better pay . Kaso mahal din cost of living sa Europe compared to other countries right? Pero i guess depende na rin sa country

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Highest cost of living nasa Asia (Japan, HK, Singapore). Usually sa Europe mataas tax, mga iba umaabot 50% pero subsidized lahat like medicare, education, retirement.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    With so much unemployment from the Eastern European countries...would there still be room for asians?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    With so much unemployment from the Eastern European countries...would there still be room for asians?
    it's true pero mas competitive tayo kasi mostly are russian speaking sila and their skill level is not europe want. 'pansin yata nila ang mga good technical people are US-bound lahat kaya by opening up ma-attract nila. there will be room, this is a long term solution kasi halos nagmimigrate nga duon ay from eastern europe or african countries eh 5% lang ang skilled or educated so magiging problema nila yun.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ^I see..maybe thats why. When I was working in Oman, I got an invitation to work in Ladenburg, Germany, Kaso lang pinili ko pa to work dito sa KSA.

Although I did not receive the Job offer, I expected that the take home pay would be better here in KSA. Standard of living there is quite steep. Taxes, Home Rentals, Cars, Utilities. I know coz I already went a few times to germany and have met a lot of filipinos (legal & Illegal).

Kasi up to this moment, my plan is only to save sufficient savings for me to comeback sa pinas. Pero kung ang plan is really to leave the philippines and migrate..I might have chosen the job in Germany..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
OFW's: Future Opportunities in Europe, are you ready?