New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    I have a few months left before I can apply for canadian citizenship. My little brother has been an american citizen since birth So all the land titles where transferred to me by my parents and the land owned by my grandparents where also directly inherited to me since I am still pinoy. The plan was to give half of all the land property under my name to my younger brother when he reaches legal age. Now that he is of legal age, I'm not sure if he still alowed to own land here in the Philippines since he is an american citizen. As for me, Im not completely sure if Im also allowed to have any landownership once I become a Canadian citizen, but AFAIK pwede akong magdual citizenship, kaya lusot pa rin ako.
    Can anyone enlighten me on this subject please? TIA.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    tell your brother to apply for dual citizenship.......as a future canadian citizen, you are not allowed to own land and property in the philippines

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gawa nalang kayo ng corporation, basta dapat 60% of the shareholders must be filipino citizen. kung meron kayong mga wife isama nyo na sa corporation. then transfer the titles to the corporation.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    I guess my other option would be to retain my filipino citizenship and let my wife and kids apply for canadian citizenship instead.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by moneywhiz
    tell your brother to apply for dual citizenship.......as a future canadian citizen, you are not allowed to own land and property in the philippines
    Sandali medyo naguguluhan ako, di ba meron syang option for dual citizenship? So in case na ginawa nya yon, he should have both the rights of being a Canadian and a Filipino. I don't see any reason why he is not allowed to own a land and properties in the Philippines. Paki-elaborate na lang I may have missed out something.

--

Land ownership question for foreign citizens