New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    FANS of action hero Jackie Chan now have something a little bigger than a DVD or movie poster to add to their collections.
    Mitsubishi is unveiling the Lancer Evolution IX Jackie Chan Limited Edition a car styled by the Hong Kong artiste himself — today at the Kallang Auto Centre Singapore.
    Compared to the standard Evo IX, the car gains a full body kit, with light-weight carbon fibre panels, 18-inch alloy wheels and unique interior trim.
    There are also special “Jackie” badges pasted all over the car, from the front grille to inside the engine compartment.
    All the items are modelled after parts that Chan has on his own Lancer Evo VIII.
    The entire kit is expected to add around S$30,000 to the cost of a standard Evo IX.
    The limited-edition model’s debut coincides with Cycle & Carriage Automotive’s official launch of the Lancer Evo IX this weekend. Chan will be present at the event to introduce the car and to present the keys for the first five Evo IXs to their owners.
    C&C has also flown in Japanese World Rally Championship driver Katsuhiko Taguchi to give a driving demonstration at 5pm.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    solid mitsu guy si jackie, as early as those Cannonball Run series(maybe even earlier pa)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    solid mitsu guy si jackie, as early as those Cannonball Run series(maybe even earlier pa)

Well, i would be one loyal "customer" too if they pay me money. Here's an excerpt from Jackie Chan's website.

Here are the questions and answers which were posted on the E! Online Celebrity Q & A in September, 2002. Click here to link to the site. Click here to read Jackie's 1997 Q & A. Click here to read his 2001 interview (plus see video of Jackie describing one of the stunts from Rush Hour 2)

From astrokat: We know you love cars, but what about motorcycles? What's your favorite bike?
    Answer from Jackie Chan
    I have to say Yamaha, because I have a relationship with them. I use them for all of my movies. For cars, it's Mitsubishi. The Japanese companies give me a lot of money to do their commercials.....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...they probably provided all the stunt cars in his movies B)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    idol talaga yang si jackie chan... oo nga ilang mitsubishi na nagamit nya sa lahat ng films nya. yung Exo 3 yatayung gamit nnya sa thunderbolt eh

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The Japanese companies give me a lot of money to do their commercials.....

ngayon ko lang napansin to...oooohhh man!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    hmmm...they probably provided all the stunt cars in his movies B)

A mitsu car only costs them a few thousand $$$ - now, consider the cost of advertising, a good exposure from a good actor/movie and they (Mitsu) are actually saving money.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    product placement, ika nga

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    lupit talaga ng evo ni jacky chan...

yoko lang yung yellow trim. i like the gray CF better. ;)

from suntzu's post at mymitsuph

Last edited by nugundam93; May 20th, 2005 at 09:31 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Jacky Chan meet your EVO Twin