New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Good morning fellow tsikoteers,

It's been ages since I drove on the roads of our beloved pinas, kaya I would like to ask for advice regarding the things that I need to know to get me going.

Just a background, nagmaneho na ako dyan sa Manila from 1992-1999, then had to leave the country and since been driving in a country with Left Hand Traffic (right side steering wheel). For sure, 1 major consideration is yung sikip ng kalsada at dami ng taong tumatawid.

Sa mga kabayan natin na kapareho ng situation ko, NAHIRAPAN PO BA KAYONG MAG-ADJUST? Ilang days/weeks ang adjustment period?

Salamat po sa mga sasagot.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Keep your cool, realize and accept that there are a lot of idiot motorists on the road.

Some things to watch out for :

These idiots would not use turn signals, in case they would, a heck lot late.

When entering or merging into a highway, they'd use 2 lanes as if they're vehicle has a really bad turning radius. Immediately After entering, they would drive the slowest they ever could,not minding the vehicles they disturbed behind them

They just couldn't stay inside one Lane.

In a traffic junction, you'd be blown with horns of vehicles behind you the nano second the light goes from Orange to green.

They carelessly swerve.

Sudden stops without warning or hazard signals should they drop a passenger.

Practice ka muna sa lesser traffic areas until you get the hang of it. Stressful yes, pero you'd feel proud pag after ng drive mo and nakarating ka sa destination mo ng safe at walang nakaaway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Uber...oooppsss grab pala.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Driving in Pinas now is way different from driving here during the 90's. To add to sean archer's post. Look twice in your side mirrors before making a turn, chances are there's a motorcycle rider trying to squeeze in while you're making a turn.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sa dami ng lubak sa pilipinas, baka one day isipin mong hindi ka na magmaneho ulet dito sa manila. 😂

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Almost always expect the jeepney to brake and not use the shoulder lane, sometimes even without brake lights.
    Anticipate that most drivers have egg-shell for egos and carry a gun (or two).
    A lot of suicidal motorbike and trike riders to mind, too.
    Have a lawyer or police officer on speed dial, just in case.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Yes, automatic lang pag 4. Pag 2, pwede both manual and auto.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thank you mga sirs. Will observe and see how many traffic altercations I'll get myself into.