New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    why should OFWs get a special exchange rate?

Nung 56 peso to 1 USD, did we locals get a special exchange rate to buy dollars to import fuel and goods?

Kung sakali, where will the govt get funds to subsidize the special exchange rate? From us locals? More taxes? Im already being taxed to death!

Why the hell should i subsidize OFWs?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
    on the other hand, i felt what common OFWs feel. lack of concern and benefits for us when this country depends so much on remittances for forex reserves. there should be a level playing field where govt and OFWs meet, both needs are meet. to my fellow OFWs, it boils out to one thing, sariling sikap nalang bro.
    dito talaga ako nabubwiset tuwing umuuwi ako. simulan mo na lang sa POEA. kapag kumuha ka ng tax exempt parang ikaw pa ang nagmamakaawa mula sa security guard hanggang sa matabang cashier. tapos sa POEA sa airport, pila ulit at wala ka man lang makitang concern sa mga nag aaprove sa tax exempt mo. Ganoon din pag uwi, basta pumila ka sa OFW express lane, parang kang may hawak na placard na "kikilan ninyo ako". Sa tono pa lang ng boses ng customs sa airport parang may kasalanan ka na dahil OFW ka.

Hindi nila alam kung anong hirap ang dinadaanan natin.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    It's difficult to win sympathy through arrogance, and that letter was just brimming with it. While it is undeniably difficult to work away from your family in some dismal sandbox of a place, OFWs don't have a monopoly on hardship. That for the 5-peso difference in currency exchange, they are threatening to bring the economy down, shows utter lack of love for countrymen and country. Sad.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Belittling the Overseas Filipinos