New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Puro sindikato naman dito e. SSS, Philhealth, GSIS, Pag-Ibig. Lahat yan!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sea.piper View Post
    thanks Vtec..That's what i did, I cut my remittance to 50% anyway the remaining 50% of my remittance to my family is more than enough with their monthly expenses.
    Kasi sabi nang iba...sino raw ba tayong OFW's d b? What so special about us?
    nakalungkot man sabihin kung hindi sa mga ofw tulad natin bagsak na ang bansang Pilipinas. Ganyan tayo ka espesyal. Lahat ng OFW can afford. I should say, we OFW can afford to buy such brand items with quality.

Kaya nung pang limang taon ko dito s UK I applied kaagad for British Citizenship. Sabi nga ng kaibigan kong Indian National, get the most of it while you're here. You'll never know what will happen to our country. At saka daming red tape, corruption at puro politics sa pilipinas.

I'm working in Great Britain for a while now, I remember Pounds reaches to the highest peak of 110pesos to a pound. Now its around 90 to 92pesos to a pound.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Puro sindikato naman dito e. SSS, Philhealth, GSIS, Pag-Ibig. Lahat yan!
    yong mga head lang, not the employees.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OMG. when will this madness stop?

can we find at least one person in these OFW interest groups with some basic math skills? let's work out the following math problem, shall we?

Total OFW remittances, 2006 (googled from PDI): $14 BILLION
    if this special exchange rate goes through, let's say from P45:1 to P50:1, then the Phil. govt will have to spend P5 for each $1 remitted.

TOTAL ANNUAL EXPENSE TO RP (eto, ibibigay ko na senyo): PHP 70 BILLION

where do they propose that the RP get that money from? oh wait, why don't they underfund healthcare or education or national security? :twak:

and how ironic how finally the Philippine economy starts getting some good news and the selfish whinings of a few threatens to drown out the benefits felt by the many people still living in the Philippines. i guess you really are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

here's my final thought - any idiot who knows how to read and has at least scanned the Financial Times or the MB/PDI business section over the last few months knows that much of the blame lies with the US Dollar, that has weakened considerably against all currencies, not just the peso. is that the fault of the Philippine government? maybe you should boycott/leave the US because its currency is sucking :bwahaha:

this is selfish, me-first behavior and you, me and everyone back home knows it, as boybi and HP both said.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    OMG. when will this madness stop?

can we find at least one person in these OFW interest groups with some basic math skills? let's work out the following math problem, shall we?

Total OFW remittances, 2006 (googled from PDI): $14 BILLION
    if this special exchange rate goes through, let's say from P45:1 to P50:1, then the Phil. govt will have to spend P5 for each $1 remitted.

TOTAL ANNUAL EXPENSE TO RP (eto, ibibigay ko na senyo): PHP 70 BILLION
    para lang bro empy;

your research tells you that it's $14B while your computation is P70B.
    so, what is P70B to $14B??

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^cost to govt. is 5 pesos for every dollar exchanged. so if all OFW's exchanged that $14 billion at the "special rate", then that is 14 billion x 5 = P70 billion

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    i used to work abroad. ive been in japan in the early 90s and lately in the UK. pinoy expats think in absurd ways. most pinoys working abroad are self-centered, biased individuals. just because they are working abroad, earning in foreign currencies, they are better than people back home. i could say, most are mayabang, except a few however. where in the world can you find people praying that their peso, our beloved peso, would slide to the lowest level, so that their dollars can have a higher exchange rate? basically, most dont understand the forex commerce. maybe this is where poea, yes, the stupid poea, will come in and explain how the forex moves. that way, forex movement can be fully understood.

on the other hand, i felt what common OFWs feel. lack of concern and benefits for us when this country depends so much on remittances for forex reserves. there should be a level playing field where govt and OFWs meet, both needs are meet. to my fellow OFWs, it boils out to one thing, sariling sikap nalang bro.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ^cost to govt. is 5 pesos for every dollar exchanged. so if all OFW's exchanged that $14 billion at the "special rate", then that is 14 billion x 5 = P70 billion
    diko padin magets ang matehmatics mo bro.

$14B:X ; P5:$1

X=$14B * P5/$1

= P70B (as per your computation yang value nayan)

suma tutal: $2B lang mawawala sa gobyerno sa $14B / year
    at the rate of P44/$ that is P88B, lagpas pa sa computation mo.
    yong 70B na sinasabi mo in peso and yong 14b, in dollars kaya pano malulugi ang gobyerno?

tama o mali?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    diko padin magets ang matehmatics mo bro.

$14B:X ; P5:$1

X=$14B * P5/$1

= P70B (as per your computation yang value nayan)

suma tutal: $2B lang mawawala sa gobyerno sa $14B / year
    at the rate of P44/$ that is P88B, lagpas pa sa computation mo.
    yong 70B na sinasabi mo in peso and yong 14b, in dollars kaya pano malulugi ang gobyerno?

tama o mali?
    Php70B is about $1.59B if we used your x-rate of P44/$1. ewan ko kung saan mo nakuha yung $2B

but 70B pesos or $2B o kahit $1.59B pa yan....i never said malulugi sila, but still....saan kukunin ng gobyerno yan? to give OFW's a freebie? i'm not a Filipino taxpayer but plenty of tsikoteers are....maybe you can ask them how they feel about that idea...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Php70B is about $1.59B if we used your x-rate of P44/$1. ewan ko kung saan mo nakuha yung $2B

but 70B pesos or $2B o kahit $1.59B pa yan....i never said malulugi sila, but still....saan kukunin ng gobyerno yan? to give OFW's a freebie? i'm not a Filipino taxpayer but plenty of tsikoteers are....maybe you can ask them how they feel about that idea...
    whoa, hold your horses bro.
    nililinaw kolang yong computation mo.
    niround off kolang yon $1.59B na computation mo para madaling makita.

where do they propose that the RP get that money from?
    e di sa reasearch mo na $14B.

hay naku, enough na sa rate rate na yan.lahat ng tao may karapatang mabuhay.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Belittling the Overseas Filipinos