New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My alternator was repaired by my home service electrical guy for around Php2100 parts and labor. Bearing replacement should be less expensive in terms of parts but I dont have an idea how difficult it is to get to your alternator.

The belt needs to come off to remove the alternator, so just ask the same guy to put in a new belt. Hehe.

AC filter is a diy thing. Just buy the filter and install as per instruction in your owners manual. Personally, i just remove it. I always leave the ac in recirculate mode anyway.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hi bro! I also own an X-trail. I have mine serviced at NGQA for regular PMS. But for other problems that involves major part replacement, I go for surplus/replacement parts which are always cheaper and are just as good as OEM.

replace alternator assembly- 21k ----You can have the bearing replaced for around 1k more or less. Had mine done at Exalta Banawe and parts (bearings) came from LVC Auto Parts, also in Banawe. Also watch out for the "whirring" sound because it might mean the one way clutch pulley might need replacement as well.
    replace aux fan motor- 10k ---fan motor is generic Nissan...same as what you'll find in a Sentra or a Cefiro. Just bring a sample and you can get it for less than 1k. Just a tip though, you need a really good electrician as the wirings have different colors. Most nissan aux fans have 2 speeds. A mis-routed wiring can lead to more problems.

replace fan belt----you can get it at most auto parts. Bando is a good brand. Should not cost more than 1k.

replace AC filter---there are replacement cabin filters available at Sanzei in Banawe for 700 a piece. Easy to DIY.
    throttle body cleaning---no choice but to have this done at a Nissan dealership. As cleaning an ECT requires Consult to properly recalibrate it.
    replace engine stabilizer bar bushings---I think you can get a replacement part for this.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Thanks for all the tips. Got my ride repaired at speedyfix and they replaced the alternator pulley. Also had my aux fan motor and drive belts replaced, all for the total damage of about Php 10k. Will also have to have my wheel (R/L) bearings repacked or replaced. I was quoted about Php6k for the job. Any idea if this can be done at a lesser expense?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Nice! I heard 6k is the price for OEM wheel bearings. But Japan Replacement is only 1300 (never have it repacked). Then the machine press should not cost more than 500. Try to visit Wheelers Suspension House in N. Roxas.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Guys pa sabit sa thread na to.

Na tambay ang X-Trail ko sa bahay while waiting for its schedule to the CASA this friday. Papalitan daw ang cmp sensor and etc sensor but first they will have to inspect the MIL Harnes daw.

Hindi ko muna ginamit ang X-Trail since Thursday last week and simply idle it for 3-5 min every other day, but today ayaw ng mag start na discharge ata ang battery medyo luma na rin eh.

Question is... Ok lang ba na tangalin ko ang battey para ma pa charge? Useless kasi jump start dahil di ko naman gagamitin, this friday pa sched nya sa CASA.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ It should be fine bro. Similar thing happened to me already and all I did was to bring the battery to the vulcanizing shop (they had a battery charger) next door.

Just be ready to reprogram the head unit when you re install the battery.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ^ Tnx for the reply bro. I'll charge the battery tomorrow.

Mukhang susunod na gastos ko sa X-Trail is the compressor maingay na, tunog truck.

Nag dadalawang isip ako kung sa CASA ko papagawa ang aircon o sa labas na. Problem sa CASA eh tumataas presyon ko pag nag babangit sila ng presyo. Problem naman sa labas eh yung pag tangal ng dashboard in case kailangan na ring linisin ang buong airconditioning system.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ^When I had my AC cleaned, the ac shop only removed the glove compartment.

*coder,
    is that a CPS that needs replacement? Mine went haywire after an engine wash at a car wash. Learned the hard way and did waterless engine detail na lang. Much safer for the engine sensors.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    ^When I had my AC cleaned, the ac shop only removed the glove compartment.

*coder,
    is that a CPS that needs replacement? Mine went haywire after an engine wash at a car wash. Learned the hard way and did waterless engine detail na lang. Much safer for the engine sensors.
    I see, hindi pala madugo ang linis. Madugo nga lang presyo ng compressor, unless sa labas ko papagawa.

Yep CPS ang papalitan, sakit daw ng x-trail sabi ng CASA. Pero check daw muna nila ang MIL Harness, hirap dito sa Pangasinan iisa lang ang Nissan dealer kaya naka pila ang mag papagawa.
    Last edited by CoDer; July 25th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
X Trail concerns: need help