New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    not an expert on this, but i think without the ABS module, it would be just like riding a car without ABS. lots of old cars on the road doesn't have ABS. heck, not sure if you really would be needing it for city driving, given the condition of our traffic.

01 model at 250K is a bargain...sayang.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mid sized cars are difficult to "dispose" plus nissan pa!

just think how much the resale value of then maxima

and even 1.6 sentra. mas mura pa sa mga older toyotas.

wawa talaga nissan dito. they've even promos like drive

now pay next year.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    not an expert on this, but i think without the ABS module, it would be just like riding a car without ABS. lots of old cars on the road doesn't have ABS. heck, not sure if you really would be needing it for city driving, given the condition of our traffic.

01 model at 250K is a bargain...sayang.
    135k for a abs module! thats more than half the price you sold the car for! is it a important part? will the car brake well w/o it? is it something i can live w/o in the event it breaks down on me?
    With my car the broken ABS module makes the brakes spongy and the pedals sink. Not really safe for driving. Tried to pull the fuse to bypass it but same results. Did not bother to try to mod the car by installing new brake lines to bypass the ABS. I knew I was selling it cheap but with the condition it was in, it seemed to be a good deal. At that point, I already spent close to 40K fixing other problems with that car. I just had it. Even the service advisor at Nissan told me to get rid of it as he can foresee a lot of other problems poping up in the near future. As I said, it was not maintained by my brother. He's the type of person who will drive a car as long as it has gas. No oil changes, no maintenance.

Don't worry about ABS module, it is not something that normally fails. With my unit, I suspect it was damaged when my brother did not replace brake pads until the metal was almost worn away.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    thanks for all the inputs guys! appreciate it! if ther are more things to consider please feel free to let me know.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, it's a general trend of 2.0L vehicles to have lower resale than the 1.6L vehicles... (Accords, Cefiros, Coronas, Galants selling lesser than their similar aged Civics, Corollas, Civics and Lancers).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xto View Post
    mid sized cars are difficult to "dispose" plus nissan pa!

just think how much the resale value of then maxima

and even 1.6 sentra. mas mura pa sa mga older toyotas.

wawa talaga nissan dito. they've even promos like drive

now pay next year.
    He he.. Bro, I think thats an overstatement to say the brand is wawa in pinas, coz if u look at our roads, u'll find many x-trails (w/c is currently hot in market compared to curr. rivals crv and rav4), patrols for the politikos, cefiros for the buss. execs., and sentras for every1! and yung sinasabi mong promo na drive now pay later, It's a branch optional promo otherwise called installment, all car brands also do that. ;) Its a basic car maker marketing strategy to sell. It's just this pinoy stigma, like what I stated (w/ the input of my uncle hu is in the car buy and sell buss.) in this thread kc that affects its resale value. Actually its our fault why that is happening, kc ugali nating mga pinoy na maconvince sa sabi sabi at paniniwala instead of looking thru the actual facts.. but if ur a modern pinoy na hindi ganun ang thinking like the current politikos or buss. execs that buy patrols and cefiros.. It's a totally diff. story. Sa other countries car resale values are indeed diff. from ours, medyo kakaiba tayo e . Dito kc my stigma ang mga noypi, especially the pinoy masa (lower class c to class e) sa car brands like nissan kc mahal daw piyesa, mitsu, isuzu, mazda, chevrolet etc. naman quality wise daw not yet proven dito, lalo na sa korean made cars!! Pro all produce good cars ha mind u.. Pro bottom line, may advantage din sa ugali nating ganyan.. y?.. kc if ur a second hand cefiro buyer u'll find these median price tags (not 2 high, not 2 low) a steal!! ;) he he he.. buti na lng.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    If you can afford the gas then go for it! Typically mid-sized cars are gas guzzlers, the most frugal i think is the corona 93-98 model. It gets at least 7km/liter city driving. About the nissan parts, its more expensive than toyota but at par w/ others.I used to own a corona ex and the repairs I spent for owning it is not worth the price I saved instead of buying brand new.I ended up selling it for way less than my purchase price (not counting repairs Ive done which amounted to 100k estimate)ouch! If you can find a good unit, then go for it. BTW, executive sedans are usually driven by a driver and seldom the owner so you may find it harder to get a good unit

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Those were great inputs. I agree that the Cefiro suffers from a perception problem that it has poor quality/reliability and is also a gas-aholic.

However, having been driving a 97 Cefiro, I can say both are myths. The Cefiro is a highly reliable sedan. The only time it failed me was when it was time to replace the battery. With regards to the consumption, I do 6 to 6.5 kms/liter on the ave. with casual driving. During times when gas was hitting P45/L, I did 7 to 7.8kms/liter. This was purely city driving, but I avoided peak hours and went neutral down every fly-over and bridges.

Btw, this baby only drinks Petron Blaze. Anything less and you will hear/feel knocking. In the end, at P250k the Cefiro is a bargain for those looking for a 2nd-hand luxury car.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by easydeal View Post
    Btw, this baby only drinks Petron Blaze. Anything less and you will hear/feel knocking.
    It should take in XCS pretty fine; if there's knocking with the 95 octane then the car should be checked with the CONSULT at the CASA or an engine reader (knock sensor, timing setting and MAF reading).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Why the Cefiro has low resale value?