New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi fellow tsikoteers, ask ko lang po sana kung saan kinakabit yung aux cable sa Sentra Grandeur? Meron kasing aux mode yung Head Unit pero hindi ko naman alam kung saan ilalagay

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What model of the Grandeur do you have? The first gen N16 Exalta Grandeurs (GS) came with either the dashboard pop-up lcd with accompanying video player (Panasonic HU, I think) while another model came with a tade deck Clarion HU with a 6-disc CD changer on the trunk. I am not sure what HUs the DS and GX models have. Newer Sentra N16s come with a JVC HU, except the 180 GT model. My old Exalta came with the tape deck Clarion HU. I had the HU replaced when I got the car (2nd hand back in 2006). Just a thought, if the HU has an aux-in feauture in its menu but with no visible external auxillary jack, it will have to be found on the rear of the HU. Just look for an online manual of the specific brand and model of the HU to check how to use its aux-in features. You will have to get help from audio installers to take out the stock HU and put an auxillary cable to make use of the aux-in feature. Though I would suggest to just get newer aftermarket HUs (Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood, etc) as most come standard with aux-in, USB, and bluetooth connectivity.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks po sa reply Same po tayo ng HU... Clarion with 6-disc changer. Anyway, iniisip ko nga rin palitan yung HU ko, kaso napipigilan ako dahil sa:

1. LCD - hindi na ba gagana yung monitor kung papalitan ko yung HU ko?
    2. Volume Controls sa Steering Wheel - Nagtanong kasi ako dati sa Blade kung gagana pa yung controls steering pag pinalitan yung HU ko, sabe nila hindi na daw

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    You also have an LCD on your car? That means you have the video-capable HU of the Grandeurs. May sunroof ba Exalta mo? Most Exalta Grandeurs with video-capable HUs have no sunroof while models with sunroof only have Clarion tape deck with CD changer. My old Exalta had a sunroof but has no LCD. I am not sure if you can make use of the LCD with a different video-capable HU but I do know that most stock steering wheel audio controls do not work with aftermarket HUs. Cefiros also share similar issues with aftermarket HUs. There are shops though that offer aftermarket HUs with OEM integration but they are a bit pricey.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yup, my sentra doesn't have a sunroof Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll just have to find a way to connect the aux, seems to be the cheapest alternative :D