New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    The only solution for Nissan is to bring in models that will compete Honda and Toyota in the car segment. Nissan engines are very reliable. We have a 1990 Urvan Microbus and until now still running as oue delivery van. Kaya nga kami kumuha ng Sentra GS nung 2005 and another Urvan last year lang. Nissan LCV's are very reliable cars like the Frontier, Terrano, Power Pickup, Eagle Series Pick up, and Patrols.

Kahit di sumabay ang Nissan sa AUV segment, basta gawin lang nilang reasonable ang price ng Urvan and put some upgrades also specially on the Escapade and Shuttle models.

Bring in new Nissan cars like Tida, New Sentra, Altima, Pathfinder with YD25 turbo diesel engine, and sana yung latest na Nissan Cabstar na euro version with zd30 engine para mabago na pan deliver namin.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sentra- actually, this car for its age is selling still pretty well based on my observation of new Sentras im seeing out on the road(compared with new Optra, current Lancer, Corolla Altis J). Although if I have the money, I still wont buy one. Many buyers, i guess, are lured by the NMPI's aggressively attractive (I suppose) payment schemes on installment basis, freebies galore (NISMO look bodykits, tints, free registration, free chattel mortgage, comprehensive insurance etc) and generally lower price than the competition.
    To topple all that, if you think about it. The Sentra isnt really a bad car and buying one isnt a bad proposition. It's just that the competition are better. It's features are adequate, power is still in the league of rivals and quality of Nissan's are not really bad.
    The GX is still fighting a good battle against base City and Vios while the fully dressed up GSX and GS are still selling pretty well and can be had for a price just about the same as lesser equipped base Altis or Focus.
    I think this model is for and will still sell for nondiscriminating, brand loyal and/or non-car enthusiast buyer.

Teana- Although late in the scene, the Teana has this cheesy-luxury aura that large Nissan sedans have and is appealing to some buyers. It looks abit austere too. Interior is impressive, i'd picked it over the Camry. I think this is a good car but there is something that's really lacking in Nissan that is overflowing at camp Toyota- it's the charisma.
    I think to potentially beat the Camry, NMPI must bring a model higher than the equivalent Camry and price it against a model lower. The Cefiro when lauched back in 97 used the same formula when it made its re-entry and became a success.

Urvan- Shuttle and Escapade despite its age. This van sells quite good in the fleet market. Well, if it weren't for the more prehistoric L300 Versa Vans that, not suprisingly (knowing Mitsu), is still being sold bnew, this Urvan might also be dead by now.
    Its price is competitive too part of the reason why it's still alive and its market are for those who are not 'maselan' which is still quite alot here.

X-Trail- Still sells pretty well despite newer rivals. Attractive pricing scheme to a good car really works. But they still better bring the newer model once it is officially out. Lesser trust in othe brands (Mitsu's Outlander, Chevy Captiva and Suzuki GV) make it still easy to snatch sales from them is favorable to the Xtrail too.

Serena- Like the Sentra, this is prehistoric yet not bad. But would you buy this against the New Carnival, Grandis, Previa, grand Starex and even the Starex CRDi before it? yeah, seriously. I'd even consider the Chery V5 before it, for real.

Patrol- I think this model received a facelift earlier this year in our market but is still a year or two late. Can't say much, but i think this is doing better than the LC Prado. The Pajero is still sportier than the Patrol though.

Murano- This is one of NMPI's strongest car in its line-up. Maybe Nissan should just timely bring its replacement and price it competitively. Mazda's CX-9 will be one of its rivals and right now, the specs of the Mazda looks prettier with a bigger engine, bigger size and more seating and super model good looks too for 'bout the same price as the Murano. Even rich folks like good deals, NMPI.

350Z- This is better than locally sold Eclipse IMO. Mazda's RX8 may not be this as reliable and maintenance friendly. The Germans are far more expensive and Impreza and EVO has far lesser panache and has boy racer status. So far as supercars locally sold, this might be one of the good buys.

The Navarra's now here. It's a good model. But i think already lost its momentum...It's not selling as good as it is.

IMO, what NMPI should do is bring in newer models. the Bluebird Sylphy, Versa if not the Nissan Note, Pressage if not the new Serena, Qashqai if not the New Xtrail if not both.
    Last edited by basti08; March 6th, 2008 at 11:00 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Maybe its because dalawa ang authorized parties for Nissan dito sa pinas. . . Kaya kulang sa focus. .
    You my man maybe right!!

And siguro kasi we pinoys tend to like always believe in "sabi sabis" since the debut of the first sentra b12 here tumatak na ata sa isip ng majority ng pinoys that nissan has lesser quality vs. toyota. I just feel sorry for us everytime a relative in the west is telling me the news on their new nissan car there and how their b15 sentra Se-R became a "starter" tuner favorite together w/ civic Si.

But in terms of sales here una pa din nman sya sa koreans locally. And I think sooner or later we will have the same situation here, lalo na nagiging "smart buyers" na ang mga pinoy hindi na tayo yung "traditional" type (sorry dad! ) ha ha

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ibalik na kasi sa nissan japan ang management. wag na sa yulon!

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    for 2nd hand car buyer like me. I'll go with the Sentra either Series 3 or 4... Because of the low resale value... For the Budget of 150T you can get a Super Saloon with all power.... Unlike sa Toyota or Honda your 150T you only Get XL, XE or ESI. Lower Model and Some are not equipped with Power steering...

kung sentra-sentra, urvan-urvan, pick-up pick-up, patrol-patrol, basta ung mabenta nila lang naman di naman problema sa piyesa yan...

ako nga i own the nissan with the hardest to find part, especially body parts...but i lived with it for almost 20 years (aquired in 1992, brand-new 1989)

ang gusto ko sa nissan, lesser chance na FAKE ang parts na mabibili mo..kaya mahal! kasi most are OEM parts talaga...had a mitsubishi and a toyota... yup mura piyesa ng toyota, pero life span ng parts madali din, unless OEM talaga bilhin mo, which cost more or the the same as nissan parts..

nakow, sabi-sabi lang yun, dami kasing fanboi at ricers na toyota at honda than nissan..

and most nissan cars, dont need elaborate/grotesque body kits to look good.. even on stock its elegant na...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    with regard to nissan in the philippines...medyo naiiwanan na nga ng ibang brands. aside from promos, they're not doing much in the way of reviving the brand. paging mr. ghosn...

with nissan in general...aside from the tiida, their models aren't to my liking. heck , mas gusto ko pa ung B13

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Baket yung Cefiro sobrang baba Resale Value... Diba Bnew nung 1997 almost or more than 1M...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mababa naman talaga resale value ng Nissan cars. Yung Civic nga na 1997 atsaka Cefiro na 1997 halos pantay na presyo yung isa compact car yung isa mid size car now that pretty much says to us the terrible resale value of Nissans....

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    ano dahilan?

1. Mahirap parts?
    2. Mahal parts?
    3. Pangit ba?
    4. sirain?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
What's wrong with NISSAN?