New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB, PM = Private Message. click mo sa taas ng page na ito, in between sya ng Profile and Logout.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag nagpapalit ng shocks to OME or Rancho, magbabago din ba ang load capacity?
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi::: There is a slight chance of an increase in your load capacity.

But it all depends on what shock you will install. Meron aftermarket shocks na standard load with standard play. Meron din namang heavy duty load for stock suspensions. If you really want to achieve a noticeable load increase, then you'd have to do suspension upgrades for heavy duty with increase suspension strokes on the new shock absorbers. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas, i'm referring to the OME or Rancho brand shocks. i don't intend to increase the load capacity. i just need a softer ride, without decreasing load capacity of the vehicle.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi,

Wala yatang aftermarket shock na "softer" than the OEM shocks you already have.

Almost all of them are stiffer. However, stiffer does not necessarily mean harsher. The better control afforded by these aftermarket dampers actually make you feel that they ride better than stock.

Just ask kimpOy.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what i mean sa "softer" e yung less tagtag.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi::: Softer plush ride? Hmmm... just like what sir OTEP said, OEM shocks are the softest shocks compared to aftermarket ones. Or you may opt for used shocks which would really feel too bouncy at times. :D

IMHO, finding the real match would be difficult since Safari has the reputation for being a "heavy" SUV compared to LC's and other SUVs. Since original shocks are still stiff for you, maybe Monroes or KYBs that are "liquid" shocks might meet your criteria for smooth and softer ride. :D

I used the term "liquid" as to what other auto supplies pertain to as the softer ones than gas filled shocks, hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does that mean i have to stick to my OEM shocks, hoping nalang na agad itong lumambot? :lol:
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi::: If you would want to experiment on used coils and shocks, I will save my used ones when I get to upgrade them. I just hope that the older models would fit in with your new model. :D

This might save you time, waiting for your suspension to soften. :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta ba ireregalo mo sa akin yan mageexperiment talaga ako :wink:
    Signature

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
suspension upgrade for patrol