New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    To all B-13'ers especially:
    Just acquired one (eccs '94) from my brother ( 3 months pa lang )..
    Pls give me some feedbacks on what should i do with my eccs to get it into Tough condition again..Kasi whenever i'm running it for about an hour, (expressway,100-120kph w/aircon)medyo tumataas engine temp ko reaching 3/4 sa gauge..but it goes down when i slowed down (or lower rev)..Sa gabi di ko pa na-experience tumaas temp niya kahit medyo traaffic (with aircon).
    Only yesterday(city driving,semi-traffic) that i have experienced it na talagang progressive yung pagtaas ng temp niya kasi tanghali and super init.Di bumababa temp niya kahit patay na aircon ko and low rev na.FYI before i left home,nag check ako ng radiator plus the reservoir..puno naman(not using coolant).
    Help naman pls..is it my cooling system that have problem? or my computer box perhaps?By the way tama lang po ba fuel consumption nit0? it only reaches about 5-7km/liter (city), about 10km/liter sa highway (all with aircon).
    Tnx po sa mga magre-reply!
    More power Tsikoters!!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    bro visit ka dito

http://sentraclubph.tk/

dami mo matutunan about sentra dyan! kita kita tayo dun!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ortawuk View Post
    To all B-13'ers especially:
    Just acquired one (eccs '94) from my brother ( 3 months pa lang )..
    Pls give me some feedbacks on what should i do with my eccs to get it into Tough condition again..Kasi whenever i'm running it for about an hour, (expressway,100-120kph w/aircon)medyo tumataas engine temp ko reaching 3/4 sa gauge..but it goes down when i slowed down (or lower rev)..Sa gabi di ko pa na-experience tumaas temp niya kahit medyo traaffic (with aircon).
    Only yesterday(city driving,semi-traffic) that i have experienced it na talagang progressive yung pagtaas ng temp niya kasi tanghali and super init.Di bumababa temp niya kahit patay na aircon ko and low rev na.FYI before i left home,nag check ako ng radiator plus the reservoir..puno naman(not using coolant).
    Help naman pls..is it my cooling system that have problem? or my computer box perhaps?By the way tama lang po ba fuel consumption nit0? it only reaches about 5-7km/liter (city), about 10km/liter sa highway (all with aircon).
    Tnx po sa mga magre-reply!
    More power Tsikoters!!
    Maraming puwedeng pagmulan ang high temperature sa B13. First is to check the thermostat. The way to check if the thermostat is working properly is that during warm up from cold start and the thermostat is still closed, the upper radiator hose will become hot and the lower radiator hose will be cold meaning mahahawakan mo ito. Once the thermostat opens, the lower radiator hose will immediately become hot so be careful when touching the lower radiator hose because you might hurt yourself. The next thing to check is the blower fan motors and see if both are strong enough to cool down the engine. If not you may need to replace one of or worst both of the fan motors. Now if both thermostat and blower motors are ok, you may need to have the radiator checked for clogging and if need be, cleaned. There are some shops that work on radiators that have plastic tops and can do a good job assembling it back. Finally check all of the hoses for leaks and clamps for loosness. There are times when these do break down and causes water to leak out resulting to overheating. Hope your problem can be solved soon.

Suggestions Pls! with my B-13 (eccs)