New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fishda View Post
    i like this... how about for my stopping power? will the 4 stock disc brakes be enough? i wish to say ba bye to those mean sir's... hehe...
    You can use the stock discs but I strongly suggest you upgrade all the pads with more aggressive aftermarket brake pads.

It's also possible to find big disc upgrade kit that comes with a brake caliper bracket to move the stock caliper to it's new position.

Alternative is to use the compatible brakes from a bigger Nissan car. The ones I have on my car came from a Nissan Bluebird. Downside, it's a pain to find new pads when the current pads get worn down or heat damaged.

Remember the stock brakes were meant to handle 110hp. SR20DE stock is 140 to 145hp. My tuned SR20 probably does around 175hp (based on it's 152whp dyno run).
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 22nd, 2009 at 05:10 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And the stock brakes of the Sentras would already fade badly on our GA14DNE B14 with an a/t tranny when on the highway.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    And the stock brakes of the Sentras would already fade badly on our GA14DNE B14 with an a/t tranny when on the highway.
    Maybe your brakes might be rubbing hence the brake fade when on the highway.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by co_nixz View Post
    kuha ka nlang ng SR20DET+Prog BOX+Boost Control.... nakakalaway huhuhuhuhu mag se-setup ka tlga d lang just for the thrill chasing SIR

pag nagawa mo ito aabangan kita sa macapagal parati ^_^

yan lang magandang shocks at goma good to race kna mpa track or street hahaha

or..... benta mo nlang yan tpos mag honda ka bwahahaha
    this is what i mean sir sorry for the misfeed

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have a big problem sirs... when i did a test drive with my b14 the axle on the left wheel broke... the mechanics told me it broke because of a week weld and suggested i get a complete axle from a maxima so we won't have to do "putol dugtong" anymore... would this suggestion be a lot better than having the axle weld again? if not, how much would a complete axle for a maxima be? thanks in advance

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a big problem sirs... when i did a test drive with my b14 the axle on the left wheel broke... the mechanics told me it broke because of a week weld and suggested i get a complete axle from a maxima so we won't have to do "putol dugtong" anymore... would this suggestion be a lot better than having the axle weld again? if not, how much would a complete axle for a maxima be? thanks in advance
    Axles should never be welded since this job cannot be done properly by machine shop.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Oh u got the engine already... I know someone going to make a frankenstein SR engine... will consist of VE and DET= the very illusive SR20VET. Since yung SR20VET sa X-Trail GT and rumored soon to be sa Silvia S16 is mahirap and mahal magparating.

Good luck on your SR20DE bro!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    took home my car last night... all i can say is: what a monster... and to think it's in its stock config...

some friends suggested the following upgrades:
    1. IHE
    2. SAFC
    3. HTW

which would gain me the most HP?

upgraded the brake pads this morning btw...

really excited to bring this thing on the road

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    took home my car last night... all i can say is: what a monster... and to think it's in its stock config...

some friends suggested the following upgrades:
    1. IHE
    2. SAFC
    3. HTW

which would gain me the most HP?
    Proper IHE should be your next mod.

Next, S-AFC would give you some "free" hp and also some degree of adjustability to tune the engine for any additional mods as well. But you will need to get some dyno tuning time for this mod. Also doing this after the IHE would save you time and money from re-doing the dyno tuning.

Also before going on the dyno, you have to decide if you want to use regular unleaded gasoline or switch to Shell V-power for more power because your ignition timing can be adjusted on to get max power while on the dyno. (Potential gain around 10hp)

Don't waste your money on HTW (high tension wires). The stock wires work well enough.

BTW, you might want to check if your engine has the 180kph limiter as most surplus SR20s came from japan and they are artificially limited to 180kph by an electronic speed governor. Good news is it can be bypassed as done on my car.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 26th, 2009 at 12:06 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    how do i remove the limiter?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Proper IHE should be your next mod.

Next, S-AFC would give you some "free" hp and also some degree of adjustability to tune the engine for any additional mods as well. But you will need to get some dyno tuning time for this mod. Also doing this after the IHE would save you time and money from re-doing the dyno tuning.

Also before going on the dyno, you have to decide if you want to use regular unleaded gasoline or switch to Shell V-power for more power because your ignition timing can be adjusted on to get max power while on the dyno. (Potential gain around 10hp)

Don't waste your money on HTW (high tension wires). The stock wires work well enough.

BTW, you might want to check if your engine has the 180kph limiter as most surplus SR20s came from japan and they are artificially limited to 180kph by an electronic speed governor. Good news is it can be bypassed as done on my car.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
sr20de or turbo ga16de?