New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea_318 View Post
    Sir, I'm not sure lang din ha pero I've known some guys na naka 20VE and parts like compressor, alternator, even tranny are SR engine's common part iba lang ofcourse tranny ng Silvia coz it's RWD.
    Those you mentioned are mostly just the "accessories" on the engine.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Those you mentioned are mostly just the "accessories" on the engine.
    Yup... good luck finding valvetrain parts when things break...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thanks so much for the info guys... it really helps... will get my car later... it's time to look for after market parts... what do you think would be the "bang for the buck" upgrade for my sr20de? i currently have a custom intake and a 2 inch free flow muffler... what else could i add to put more hp on the wheels? and would the stock 4 channel disc brake do the job for me?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Vanette Grand Coach - has SR20 Engine as stock

dre mas maganda sr20 ksi yung ga16de pag nka turbo iiksi ang buhay ^_^ lalu na kung hahabol ka sa SIR at sabi nga nila mas mahal magpaturbo pra kang bumili ng makina d pa ksama pipe-ing at tune-ing dun at gauges

kuha ka nlang ng SR20DET+Prog BOX+Boost Control.... nakakalaway huhuhuhuhu mag se-setup ka tlga d lang just for the thrill chasing SIR

pag nagawa mo ito aabangan kita sa macapagal parati ^_^

yan lang magandang shocks at goma good to race kna mpa track or street hahaha

or..... benta mo nlang yan tpos mag honda ka bwahahaha

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by co_nixz View Post
    kuha ka nlang ng SR20DET+Prog BOX+Boost Control.... nakakalaway huhuhuhuhu mag se-setup ka tlga d lang just for the thrill chasing SIR
    No need for a SR20DET if all you are going after are Civic SiR. A stock SR20DE will be good enough to beat them.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fishda View Post
    thanks so much for the info guys... it really helps... will get my car later... it's time to look for after market parts... what do you think would be the "bang for the buck" upgrade for my sr20de? i currently have a custom intake and a 2 inch free flow muffler... what else could i add to put more hp on the wheels? and would the stock 4 channel disc brake do the job for me?
    Either a programable piggyback-ECU or digital AFC would give you the ability to re-tune the engine for more power. But don't try to do the tuning yourself, have a tuner shop with a dyno do the proper tuning for you. Paying for dyno-tuning time might sound expensive but it takes out the guessing in the adjustments.

Advancing the ignition timing and use of Shell V-power can also get more power. (For some reason, Petron's high octane gasoline limits my power output from the SR20DE.)

Underdrive-pulley-sets can free up power from the engine accessories and put additional HPs to the wheels.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by co_nixz View Post
    Vanette Grand Coach - has SR20 Engine as stock
    The Vanette engine is different. It's a carburated Z20. Compared to the SR20, it's complete crap. (Sorry, but I used to drive a Vanette... )

The Vanette's replacement, the Serena, DID use the SR20 until recently... it was replaced with the QR-series engines last year. So some parts for the SR20 are still available from Nissan mismo... though the Serena engines were already direct ignition, compared to the older ones used for Sentra swaps, which still have distributors.

-

+1 with GH. Aftermarket piggyback + good intake and exhaust = goodbye SiR...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    No need for a SR20DET if all you are going after are Civic SiR. A stock SR20DE will be good enough to beat them.
    i like this... how about for my stopping power? will the 4 stock disc brakes be enough? i wish to say ba bye to those mean sir's... hehe...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Either a programable piggyback-ECU or digital AFC would give you the ability to re-tune the engine for more power. But don't try to do the tuning yourself, have a tuner shop with a dyno do the proper tuning for you. Paying for dyno-tuning time might sound expensive but it takes out the guessing in the adjustments.

Advancing the ignition timing and use of Shell V-power can also get more power. (For some reason, Petron's high octane gasoline limits my power output from the SR20DE.)

Underdrive-pulley-sets can free up power from the engine accessories and put additional HPs to the wheels.
    how much would ecu's cost?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fishda View Post
    how much would ecu's cost?

I suggest giving SPEEDLAB a call so they can brief you on what it can do and what comes with the package. (UNICHIP)

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/contact.htm

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
sr20de or turbo ga16de?