New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3364/353034...a6ee846.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3343/353034...4c095d4.jpg?v=0

please help me identify the engine i just purchased... does it look like the sr20de high port? if so how many hp will it give me? and what modifications can i put in to it so i can get at least 200whp without boost? thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Picture links don't work. You could try photobucket or similar to post your engine pics.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fishda View Post
    please help me identify the engine i just purchased... does it look like the sr20de high port? if so how many hp will it give me? and what modifications can i put in to it so i can get at least 200whp without boost? thanks in advance
    200whp without turbo? That sounds expensive. It will be cheaper just to add turbo and proper control system (like a piggy back ecu) and be done with it.

Mine already does 152whp but mods are pretty modest.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looks like what I have under my hood (except mine has a black cam cover).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    what were your modifications for you to reach 152whp? will the typical IHE setup be able to attain that? thanks a lot sir ghosthunter...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fishda View Post
    what were your modifications for you to reach 152whp? will the typical IHE setup be able to attain that? thanks a lot sir ghosthunter...

My baseline with upgraded intake, headers & exhaust was only 120+ whp (I can't remember the exact value).

With Apexi Super AFC, its up to 138 whp.

With ignition timing adjustment and Shell V-power gasoline, 147 whp

With water-alcohol injection, 152 whp (not as effective as I hoped, this mod is more effective with turbo applications).

Note: all tuning adjustments done on the dyno.

I was planning with an under-drive pulley mod to give me another 5 to 12hp but I didn't push through with it (yet).

Vmax (actual) = 219 kph

You might want to check if your engine has a speed limiter (180kph artificial Vmax).

sr20de hight port?