New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    mga experts, ano po kaya yung itim na yan? san po kaya ito galing? lagi po yan meron sa #1, 3 and 4. yung 2 ay wala naman, hindi naman basa yung tip. sa injectors po ba ito or valve seal? palyado po kasi yung engine. ga14dne po

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by raycor View Post
    mga experts, ano po kaya yung itim na yan? san po kaya ito galing? lagi po yan meron sa #1, 3 and 4. yung 2 ay wala naman, hindi naman basa yung tip. sa injectors po ba ito or valve seal? palyado po kasi yung engine. ga14dne po

your ignition output to the other cylinders might be too low. the plugs don't look oily and they look dry. more than likely, your spark output is too weak. this causes your car to buck at around 2000 rpm when you are in direct gear or overdrive

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Is it oil or gas? I have 2 cars tuned to run rich. That's why it's normal to see plugs wet w/ gasoline.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    sir, i dont know if that is an oil, if gas po, it should evaporate quickly, it seems like a dry carbon mix with oil or something. the timing was set to its stock value, those plugs are about 3 weeks used. newly replaced ignition coil. but there are some small cuts in the tension wire near the distributor cap. i rolled some electrical tape to cover the small cuts. Could it be the culprit? or the oil seal from the racker cover?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by raycor View Post
    sir, i dont know if that is an oil, if gas po, it should evaporate quickly, it seems like a dry carbon mix with oil or something. the timing was set to its stock value, those plugs are about 3 weeks used. newly replaced ignition coil. but there are some small cuts in the tension wire near the distributor cap. i rolled some electrical tape to cover the small cuts. Could it be the culprit? or the oil seal from the racker cover?

that explains it, the voltage reaching the sparkplugs are just the leftovers from the leaking high voltage. the electrical tape can only insulate so much voltage, the ignition coil output can go right through it. remember, electricity is very lazy, it will take short cuts when it can

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    thank you so much to all who replied about the issue. will try to replace those wires soon...

Spark plug reading