New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Guys,

My GF is planning to buy a 2nd hand car for daily driving to office. her home is near santolan edsa and office is at tomas morato so mga 11kms lang yun balikan.

She wants the exalta pero mukhang tagilid since kakabasa ko lang ng mga forum ngayon and puro A/T lang ata ang meron? walang manual tranny? plus its slow pala so baka bumaba sa Series 4 Super Saloon nalang.

Question lang. Ok po ba ang Series 4 Super Saloon? how does it compare sa Exalta in terms of efficiency and reliability?

I also have a sentra pero GA14 carb lang yung akin eh and its B13 kaya i can't speak for the newer ones. although my sentra is well maintained. palit na halos lahat ng parts hehehe.

Lastly. since i also have sentra (b13) magiging madali ba maintenanance and hindi ba nagkakalayo pricing ng parts nila compared sa Series 4 SS or Exalta? Ako po kasi ang magmmaintain nun eh. bibigyan lang nya kong pera.

Help po

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    exalta would be a better choice kasi it is newer and has a sunroof since your gf will be driving to work for a short distance only, AT over MT consumption wouldn't matter that much.
    for maintenance cost, there should be no difference because they have same engines, suspension parts. and speaking of suspension, don't believe old wives tales of suspension problems with nissans. B14 has a fairly solid reliable suspension, much better than others in its class.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    +1 to toyboxph's post. Not to mention that with all those ammenities the Exalta has compared with it's previous model then the price diff is minimal, Exalta na ako. Modelo pa.

Good luck!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are Exaltas with an m/t, look for the SLA model (STA is the top of the line) but it wont the goodies like leather seats and moonroof.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I own a Nissan Exalta STA , So far i`m happy with my car in the looks , handling , perfomance and reliable . I have an SR20de high port engine with I/H/E. mods so no problem in performance . In fuel consumption if you drive moderately it consume gas like a GA16de.engine.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    *speed unlimited
    post naman ng pictures ng engine and the car itself. how was the transplant? post the engine support done... much appreciated..TIA

Series 4 Super Saloon or Exalta?