New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    i think my ride is under fail safe mode. I cant go above 2k rpm in any gear. Can I dis engage the fail safe mode without the use of Consult? I dont know if the MAF sensor is causing this. My MIL doesnt have any flash. any comment?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    The MAF is one thing to check when your ECU is in fail safe mode. Check for other loose sensors.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Normally yun culprit is tge maf sensor sa safe mode senario but the best way is to bring it sa dealership to check kung anong error code lalabas sa consult nila. If you dont want to spend that much you can try looking for a shop which has analysis machine. Lalabas rin yun error code yan but you need a service manual of your car para macheck mo kung anong equivalent yun error code lalabas.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    thank you sir, yan po ang balak ko ipa diagnose sana pero ang problema ay malayo kami sa casa ng nissan dito sa la union at walang analyzer dito samin. sa 1st gear palang nasa 5km palang ay napaka rough at parang sakal na yung engine at di makahataw. since nung nalinis yung TB, spray MAF ay nagkaganito na yung oto. stock naman yung timing nya. I think code 12 ata ang MAF?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hi newbie po ako. We have the same problem(hesitation on acceleration, cannot go above 2 rpm). My sentra has a GA16DNE auto tranny. I'm actually following your thread just to get some tips. I brought it to several mechanics for several weeks;

1 suspects a bad ignition coil then I replaced it together with the oil seals then nothing improved (though the ignition coil was really soaked in oil), 1 crap mechanic even told me it was a bad distributor and suggested to swap my engine to a GA15DNE since surplus for my type of engine is hard to find. I tried to DIY and spray the MAF with a contact cleaner but I can't unscrew the MAF (limited tools and Im not much of a DIY guy, gusto lng mkatipid). Then I brought it to rey's electrical shop in marikina and just instructed the technician to just remove the MAF and clean it with a contact cleaner and as simple as that for only 280 pesos my sentra is running normal.

I hope this helps.

sentra in fail safe mode