New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mast3rmind0026 View Post
    yeah its proven R R off launched it about 8 times... who ever you talking about coz there is more than 1 skyline had a tranny problem! why you gonna buy a skyline if you can use the power. i had an 03 evo VIII i launched it in 5000 rpm or redline alot of times and did not give me a problem like skyline. dont compare evo to skyline coz two diff tranny and diff power, you dont loose your warranty on the stokck evo if you brake the tranny.

and i dont think you have to break in the skyline befor the ship it its already break in! you can step on it right away. even the break are break in before you get it on what i heard they drive the car 120 mph while steppin on a brake a bit they drive it for a couple of mile. i might be wrong but that came from skyline owner
    actually, di ko masyado naintindihan yung post but i guess something wrong was done dun sa kotse kaya the tranny broke down if it ever broke down talaga. seen reviews ng Top Gear and Fifth gear at wala namang problema knowing na si Jeremy Clarkson isn't a Nissan fan. Although given na performance car ang GT-R, even racing cars are heated up with laps sa speedway before sila isabak sa laban. If the guy did launch the car 8 times as you said (na di natin alam how the car was launched like that), baka nga magkaproblema... pero honestly, mahirap magcomment kasi wala naman tayo dun when the tranny broke down and we don't really know how the owner used (or abused) the car eh...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ang ibig ko sabihin bakit bibili ka ng skyline tapos hinde mo ma gamit yung talagang power niya dahil mawawala yung waranty

8 launched is not the exact number! i dont know the exact number all i know the car been used with vdc off too often, that will loose the tranny warranty, the dealer said the tranny toast.

0-60 in 3.4 sec you cant get that number with vdc on

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    isnt the gtr we are discussing here had at least 20 lc + vdc off without further details from the owner? my take, the owner abused it and wanting nissan to pay for it. if other owners started reporting tranny issues without doing lc and keeping vdc on as stated on the manual, then nissan may have a problem.

also, i never heard of a modern car delivered broken-in from factory. any more info on this?
    Last edited by MXFX; November 2nd, 2008 at 03:24 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [quote=MXFX;1142553]isnt the gtr we are discussing here had at least 20 lc + vdc off without further details from the owner? my take, the owner abused it and wanting nissan to pay for it. if other owners started reporting tranny issues without doing lc and keeping vdc on as stated on the manual, then nissan may have a problem.

so you mean you will buy a 100k car and you will not test the power of the car? anyways why nissan made a car that when you turn the vdc off you will loose waranty? so that means they know its gonna cost a problem with vdc off. its sad that they pay 100K for their car and another 20k for tranny problem

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MXFX View Post
    isnt the gtr we are discussing here had at least 20 lc + vdc off without further details from the owner? my take, the owner abused it and wanting nissan to pay for it. if other owners started reporting tranny issues without doing lc and keeping vdc on as stated on the manual, then nissan may have a problem.

also, i never heard of a modern car delivered broken-in from factory. any more info on this?

about the break in! i was in our car club meet last summer and 1 guy pulled with his skyline so we ask questions...anyways he said that the car is already broken in. he said they do in on the dyno he owns the car he know better. he got less than a thousand miles and he took off when he left the parking lot

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    the questions i raise were not answered.

according to other gtr owners, they signed a document and/or it is written on the manual clearly stating what voids warranty including driving with vdc off. ill let you google this so i dont have to repeat a lot of things again.

my cuv happens to have vdc on all the time. i have a vdc button, but turning it off is not as simple as push on or off. isnt safety (for both driver and vehicle) reason enough for nissan to keep this feature enabled all the time?

imagine if car companies do warranty work after customers abuse their cars (any) or worse, while they are brand new? i think these ****s dont deserve their nice cars in the first place.

btt, it would be nice to own a gtr one day. given its complex and pricey maintenance, i will be sure to learn to be familiar and enjoy its capabilities and not just go nuts on lc and cry about vdc .

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I agree with sir HP,

Hehehe.. R8 nalang. The most fuel-efficient supercar.

Mataas ang maintenance ng GT-R eh... I heard kahit yung luma.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    yeah i got vdc on my Z i turn it off when i launch alot difference with vdc on, and yeah vdc is easy to turn it on and off, regular driving its good to turn it on specially when its raining.

i dont know if they sign anything about turning the vdc off. i know its in the manual that you are no supposed to turn it off.... turn it off if you are stock in snow or mud. so that means when you got stock in snow and you turn the vdc off you loose waranty? i know if you are stock in snow its better to turn off the vdc.

i love to own gtrs also who doesnt want to own a gtr....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The R35 in question had 20 launches that the guy admitted to doing in just six weeks. And he claims that he didn't launch it for two weeks before the incident.

That's the one case that people are harping on about. The other cases are electronic glitches, only.

Launch control isn't just turning off VDC. That's just the marker. It's turning off VDC and setting everything else on "R" mode. The manual doesn't even tell you how to do it... it's one of those "secret" launch codes.

And yes. Hard launching does void your Evo or STi warranty. It became an issue with Subaru of America that they handed out SCCA memberships with STis and then started denying warranty claims on abused drivetrains. It also became an issue with early Evo deliveries to the US. The stickier tires on the US versions plus stickier dragstrips were leading to broken driveaxles. And Lamborghinis... the other high-torque AWD supercar, breaks clutches all the time. A Lambo clutch alone costs almost as much as a GT-R gearbox. Ferrari was smarter than Nissan in regards to the US market. They disabled LC completely on their US cars, to avoid warranty trouble.

Current rumor is warranty denial on Launches would stand at about 8, but that's rumor, only. On the BMW M3, it was at around 10-15, but that wasn't AWD.

Any car can be broken if the owner is enough of a hoon. There's one guy who's broken a brand new 911 Turbo transmission already... reportedly... but nobody is talking about it on the internet, because on the internet, Porsches don't break...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The R35 in question had 20 launches that the guy admitted to doing in just six weeks. And he claims that he didn't launch it for two weeks before the incident.

That's the one case that people are harping on about. The other cases are electronic glitches, only.

Launch control isn't just turning off VDC. That's just the marker. It's turning off VDC and setting everything else on "R" mode. The manual doesn't even tell you how to do it... it's one of those "secret" launch codes.

And yes. Hard launching does void your Evo or STi warranty. It became an issue with Subaru of America that they handed out SCCA memberships with STis and then started denying warranty claims on abused drivetrains. It also became an issue with early Evo deliveries to the US. The stickier tires on the US versions plus stickier dragstrips were leading to broken driveaxles. And Lamborghinis... the other high-torque AWD supercar, breaks clutches all the time. A Lambo clutch alone costs almost as much as a GT-R gearbox. Ferrari was smarter than Nissan in regards to the US market. They disabled LC completely on their US cars, to avoid warranty trouble.

Current rumor is warranty denial on Launches would stand at about 8, but that's rumor, only. On the BMW M3, it was at around 10-15, but that wasn't AWD.

Any car can be broken if the owner is enough of a hoon. There's one guy who's broken a brand new 911 Turbo transmission already... reportedly... but nobody is talking about it on the internet, because on the internet, Porsches don't break...
    i so agree on this one. i dunno but a lot of people are just against nissan doing things right... i mean, people have criticized the GT-R for not having the sports car look (others find it's looks boring but that is subjective)

GT-Rs beat the hell out of the Porsches in the Nurburgring and in a test (i hope it's reliable, seen it sa you tube) the GT-R was a bit faster than the R8 in a real world track (but in fairness, the R8 is normally aspirated at midship -rear wheel drive and platform nya compared to the road hugging 4WD of the GT-R)

I mean, give the car a break. It's really the best thing that came from the Nissan camp lately. Any other car could break down as sir niky said earlier. GT-Rs aren't fool proof i guess... kasi wala namang perfect car. Especially if the owner abuses it a lot.

hindi ibig sabihin sa supercar, ok lang abusuhin. as i've said earlier, even race cars are heated up before they are subjected to abuse. and even f1 cars break down in the race, so who ever said that the GT-R and any other car in that case are indestructible?

you only get what you give and in car ownership ganun din. take care of your car and the car will reward you with long worry free drives. abuse it and it will give you headaches...

just my two cents

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
R35 GTR question?