New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Guys, need your inputs. Ung atima ko kc, parang nabubulunan pag umaandar specially pag medyo mainit na makina. Hindi naman nag ooverheat pero mapapansin mo ung rpm akyat-baba. Me time pa minsan na sobrang baba na hanggang mamatay makina. Pag off ung aircon, rpm reads 800 pero pag on ung ac, rpm reads 1100. Napapansin ko pag tumatakbo ng medyo mabilis or pag nag rerevolution (above 1500rpm), ok naman sya at nawawala problem.

Dinala ko sa isang mechanic ang sabi nya, kuryente daw problema. kelangan daw tune up ung computer box. dinala ko rin sa other mechanic at ang sabi naman, airflow sensor daw papalitan.

Has anybody here experienced the same problem? Wat to do?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Guys, Im using an SR20 engine by the way.

Thanks again.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Oh boy...that could be a LOT of things,,1st and cheapest is to look for vacuum leaks and change the air and fuel filter.

Im also guessing that your check engine lights is also on.
    Dirty or bad Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) is the problem here. Located on the back/front of the intake manifold and is screwed on with 2 12MM bolts. Take it off, clean it with carb cleaner, put it back on.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most common issue with SR20s will be the throttle body, there's a hose or two near the TB that can get clogged and will affect the engine. Just send it to Nissan (i prefer Mantrade Pasong Tamo) for TB cleaning and you'll be fine, that'll include all the necessary computer checks as well.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh, dump your mechanic for suggesting a ECU tuneup hehe.

Questions on my Nissan Altima