New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    why is it my nissan teana does't automatically lock doors when i finally drive the car about 30-50kms unlike in cefiro ex 300 when i run 20-50kms the doors automatically locks. And also when i turn off the engine why is it the door doesn't automatically open(actually all the doors) i still need to manually open it or use the controls. Unlike in the cefiro ex 300 all are automatically done.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Ala yata siya yung speed door lock sensor. My Sentra GS 2005 model is same with your Cefiro. When I reach 20 km/h it automatically locks all the doors, and when I turn off the engine it automatically unlock all doors and open the interior lights kahit pag hugot ko pa lang ng susi at di ko pa binubuksan yung pinto.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hmm.. nkakapagtaka bkt wala cyang speed lock at auto unlock. Teana pa naman ang pumalit sa cefiro.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jcastillo932 View Post
    Ala yata siya yung speed door lock sensor. My Sentra GS 2005 model is same with your Cefiro. When I reach 20 km/h it automatically locks all the doors, and when I turn off the engine it automatically unlock all doors and open the interior lights kahit pag hugot ko pa lang ng susi at di ko pa binubuksan yung pinto.
    This is kinda funny.. I had a car accessory shop put an alarm (with remote) on our really really old (1993) Mazda which has no remote. This alarm cost 2000 pesos. In addition to its alarm and remote functions, it also has a "door lock when you turn on the engine and press the brake" and a "door unlock when you turn off the engine" function.

The Mitsubishi Adventure also has auto door lock when it starts moving.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't think the Teana has speed sensing door locks.

As for auto unlocking. That is so 1990's. hehehe. More recent safety concerns have seen the decline of the use of such feature. E.g. if a perp was hiding in your bushes or behind another parked car, he'd just wait for you to turn off the engine and he'd be sure that all the doors are unlocked and can jump you.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Question about Nissan Teana