New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I sold my Toyota Fortuner 2007 recently. I'm choosing Toyota Fortuner 2012 as replacement. But saw the Nissan Safari Patrol 2012 and was attracted to the body. As per the amount, of course, Patrol is too high to compare with fortuner. But gusto ko rin malaman kung how much ang bagsak ng resale value ng dalawa? If Patrol is worth the resale price, its value with the specs and features, i would go for the Nissan Patrol

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Test drive one muna. Most people hate riding it. The chassis is the same one as in the earlier patrol gq released here in 1993. Its a robust piece of engineering and they never bothered to change it.

Funny how some people expect it to ride and drive like a car and complain later on. But if you enjoy it, youll get hooked. And in traffic you have the urge to mow down other cars, hehe.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Test drive one muna. Most people hate riding it. The chassis is the same one as in the earlier patrol gq released here in 1993. Its a robust piece of engineering and they never bothered to change it.

Funny how some people expect it to ride and drive like a car and complain later on. But if you enjoy it, youll get hooked. And in traffic you have the urge to mow down other cars, hehe.
    have you tried it? how can you compare the ride between the patrol and fortuner?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyuti View Post
    have you tried it?
    He has two of them... sa garage ng amo niya. :D

The Fortuner will have the more refined ride and comfort. The Patrol is already an old chassis as aforementioned but its is one robust piece of engineering when it comes to overall solidity; this is a plus if you go on bad roads a lot and travel long distances. However if you're valuing comfort more, the Fortuner and Monty Sport will still be better.

As aforementioned, take a test drive first and let that decide for you.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. I also took home the Fortuner media test unit for a few days back then. A 3.0 4x4 model.

Yes, pinagmamaneho ko amo ko kung anong kulay ng patrol ang terno suot niya that day, tama vinj? May dala akong tabloid at mga tansan para nalilibang ako while waiting, hehe

Masikip din interior ng patrol for its size. The passengers have to share space with the transmission and other vital components which are tucked high up instead of hanging below the car for protection.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, that's what I noticed when I attended the launch of the Super Safari years back. It's big, butch and bulky on the outside, perfect for PSG-like intimidation, but inside it doesn't feel that much bigger than my LC120. A friend called me for advice on how to improve the harsh and choppy ride of his Mom's 2005 Patrol. He swears the Big Dawg (Rancho made IIRC) adjustables Redback installed were awesome. Never got to test ride though.

Montero Sport or Fortuner are the better options for you.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yes, pinagmamaneho ko amo ko kung anong kulay ng patrol ang terno suot niya that day, tama vinj? May dala akong tabloid at mga tansan para nalilibang ako while waiting, hehe
    Timbre mo ako pag day off mo na, papa-drive ako sa Pampanga. :D

Same with the old Pajero FMs; big outside but inside a CRV seems to give it a good run for its money in terms of space.

In terms of ageing though, the Patrol will still look good 10 years from now if you ask me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. The super safari has never become fashionable so it will not become laos also. Unless you dress ot up with cheesy banawe plastic chrome and those baller rims.

Crv is very roomy, the terrain loves touching the low hanging fuel tank, hehe. Thats what happened when we drove one on my boss' beach.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you really need a ladder frame, the Montero Sport is more comfortable than the Fortuner or Patrol Super Safari, despite the narrow body.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Pros and Cons on Choosing Nissan Patrol Safari 2012